Home Mother’s Day

Mother’s Day

Yeah it’s been a week, but better late than never…We got to talk to my sister on her mission in England. This was how Lucy talked. She was attached to her new “eyes” all day.
This was my “heart attack” from the kids. (We finally got around to the picture of it today.) Man, have I ever mentioned how much I love being their Mother? Just wondering. Because man, do I ever. I am one lucky girl.

Eyrealm May 18, 2009 - 3:23 pm

What a great way to have a heart attack! I almost have a heart attack myself when I see these adorable kids!

Eyrealm May 18, 2009 - 3:24 pm

You got a bosch! Good thing with the volume of cookie making that goes on at your house!

Anne May 18, 2009 - 4:05 pm

darling kids shawni.

momoftwo May 18, 2009 - 7:27 pm

Great pics…looks like you had a great day!!

lori May 19, 2009 - 12:33 am

Hey Shauni- this is Jenn Jacob’s sister Lori 🙂 I just had to tell you that I attended your parents fireside out here in Daybreak where i live. Can I tell you that was the smartest thing i have done in a long time. I looove them I loved there suggestions and personal stories. And it was like i was hearing about the Plan of salvation for the very first time! I was worried that i would feel discouraged but i was uplifted. So next time you see them, hug them extra long for me. 🙂

robin May 19, 2009 - 8:16 pm

I see you got a Bosch!! Yeah! When are you making bread?

Cheryl May 22, 2009 - 4:52 am

Shawni-

You might feel like one lucky girl (and you should because it looked like you had a great Mother’s Day- and you totally deserved it because you are one incredible mother), but I think everyone who gets the privledge to read your blog and new book are the lucky ones!

You never cease to amaze me. I love reading your blog. You are never afraid to say- this is me, this is life, this is what we are dealing with, this is how I stay positive, these are my new insights, and we all benefit from your words!

I just finished the book The Book Thief and it talked about the importance of words and how they can hurt or heal, help or hinder. It’s true.

And I love reading your words. I just finished your book today. My MIL sent me a copy for Mother’s Day and I loved it.

What treasured secrets you and your mother shared, but I also loved seeing the bond you two share- and how much you love your entire family.

I feel the same way about my parents/siblings. How blessed we are when you are born to amazing people and marry the right person. I’m not saying it won’t be hard, because it always is, but it gets you through.

So thanks for being you. Your words (and beautiful photos) can inspire us all!