Home Easter Easter egg painting

Easter egg painting

As I mentioned before, we go hog-wild coloring Easter eggs over here. We love it.

So here are some kind of pixelated-for-some-reason pictures for you:
(Lucy decided to go with the black motif this year.)

Julie Johnson April 9, 2010 - 5:35 pm

These are great! Inspiring too…as we have hard-boiled eggs ready to go…but haven't painted them yet!

Goings on at the Glenn's April 9, 2010 - 5:41 pm

that is so fun. Great pictures too! Did you have a flash set up? Oh and I am curious on what those lists on the cupboards behind you are for. Is it a menu or a chore list? Just curious.

angie b April 9, 2010 - 5:46 pm

SO funny, I was wondering what those charts on the cupboards are too????
I was SO planning on painting eggs like ya'll this year but we ran out of time!!! Next year for sure!!!

Andrea April 9, 2010 - 7:26 pm

wow.
also wondering what the days list are.
And what do you do with all those painted eggs after?
I never want my kids to paint too many because I don't want to waste them.

The Duff Gals April 9, 2010 - 8:54 pm

I am so glad I wasn't the only wondering what you had going on on your cabinets…please share…you are alway filled with brilliant ideas!

Emily @ Longley's in San Diego April 9, 2010 - 9:57 pm

Love the eggs!

Shawni April 9, 2010 - 11:08 pm

Oh I should have explained…those things on the cabinets outline the last week of Christ's life before Easter Sunday. We just put them up and studied at scripture study each day that week what happened on that particular day of Christ's life. I can't claim coming up with the idea…something from my FHE group back in Virginia.

The Homesley Family April 10, 2010 - 1:32 am

Thanks to browsing your older posts…we painted our eggs this year. SUCH FUN, THANKS FOR THE IDEA!

April April 10, 2010 - 3:59 am

Hi Shawni! It's so fun to see how creatively your children paint their eggs. I love it! Saren let me and my four children join in their egg-decorating this year since we were visiting, but I think I caused more chaos than anything else. Thanks for the fun post!

Nicole April 10, 2010 - 4:42 am

Shawni, you are just the dang cutest mom!
BTW, do you guys have 4th of July plans yet?

Eyrealm April 10, 2010 - 4:44 am

Colors, colors colors…personalities as well as eggs!

Jonah and Aja April 11, 2010 - 4:19 am

i'll bet max did the "happy easter" one. and yes you do have 4th of july plans. just so you don't forget.
mical

Shannon April 11, 2010 - 12:34 pm

I love your blog and photography! I was wondering how you made the picture collages behind your dining room table next to the picture of the temple? Those look really fun, and I'd love something like that behind my couch of our travels. Thanks!