Home girls triplets

triplets

Sometimes I like to dress my kids alike.
Because I’m a little bit cheesy that way, and plus, if I dress them alike then these three are almost like the triplets I always wished I had.

(I kid about that…because as you can see they are NOTHING like triplets…these three girls are about as different as they come. And I didn’t wish for triplets. Just twins. All five pregnancies I crossed my fingers when I went into those ultrasounds that they would see two little heartbeats in there…)

But I’m happy as can be with these “triplets” I was blessed with:
p.s. someone just sent me another picture of Krishnamoorthy I added to the last post…oh man he is cute.

Kristen Duke Photography December 10, 2010 - 1:53 pm

I really hoped for twins as well….love the dresses, cute girls.

Rachel December 10, 2010 - 2:25 pm

Why not Quads?:)

Marlowe @ Come Home to Roost December 10, 2010 - 2:28 pm

I did wish for triplets 🙂

Love Being a Nonny December 10, 2010 - 2:29 pm

PRECIOUS girls. I LOVE it when girls are dressed alike. If you read my blog much you know we always dress our grandgirls alike! They are still small enough that they don't mind! I DID pray for twins all three times. But I did have two of mine 15 months apart….That was as close to twins as I got!

Jaime December 10, 2010 - 2:43 pm

Oh – I know what you mean! The sad thing is, I only have ONE daughter. Which means, when I want to get all cutesy – her and I dress alike (love Old Navy for that!). She's almost 12 – and we do have quite a few twin outfits.
Love the pictures of the girls; they are so pretty!!

twolittletots December 10, 2010 - 2:45 pm

You ladies are making me laugh…as a mom of twin girls! They are tons of fun, but a challenge too! I am blessed to have them and be a mom of twins, but there are some days that I think why me…can I really handle this! But, I know I can, I just need to breathe and it will all be okay.

LOVE the dresses!

Terri-Ann December 10, 2010 - 3:34 pm

Those dresses are darling! What stylish girls you have (or at least, they are lucky to have a stylish mama!) I only have boys, and it's photos like these that make me wish for a little girl.

Toby December 10, 2010 - 5:41 pm

As a mother of triplets…be careful what you ask for! You know what it is like trying to take a family portrait with 3 busy little bodies!

Ojibirish10 December 10, 2010 - 6:49 pm

It was not until I was pregnant with my twins that I started hearing from women who had always wished for them. At the time I wondered, "are these ladies insane or what?!?". Now that I've had 3 years with my twins I still think that sometimes! Just kidding, it's amazing and I feel incredibly lucky that they are a part of our family, but like Twolittletots pointed out, it is really REALLY hard sometimes. I was relieved when my pregnancy after the twins was only one baby. And I'm getting a bit long winded here, but I love dressing my three youngest alike, and one of them is a boy! 🙂

valerie December 10, 2010 - 8:38 pm

HA! I always have that same wish for twins…that is until I am 39 weeks pregnant and LOOK like I am having twins.

Merry Christmas Shawni!

Patti Bee December 10, 2010 - 9:19 pm

How adorable! my baby is almost 23…and man alive, I miss those days!

teamkc December 10, 2010 - 9:33 pm

I always hope for twins, too! But I don't sometimes dress my girls alike…I try to often…and on quite a few Sundays I even try to dress our family alike…I wait to see what tie my husband puts on, then I dress my girls and I to match it! I am cheesy, too!

Ruth H. December 11, 2010 - 9:38 pm

So glad I'm not the only one with a thing for multiples! I had always been convinced I was meant to have twins. Then I had my first baby…..and realized that the time for twins had passed. Once I knew what it took to take care of one baby, I wasn't so sure about two! Until my fourth pregnancy. I knew it was going to be my last pregnancy, but at the same time I was absolutely certain we were supposed to have six kids, so I had myself convinced I was having triplets. When the morning sickness was awful, I just knew it was because I was having three. When my belly "popped" out faster than ever, I swore it was because there were three inside. I even had my OB convinced, she did a very early ultrasound….and there was only one baby. Oh my goodness, I was soooo disappointed. The ultrasound tech must have thought I was completely crazy. I kept asking her to look around. Nope, just one. Now, I don't know how those other two are supposed to find their way into my arms (it definitely won't be via my uterus), but…I still want those twins!

Kelly B March 26, 2011 - 1:52 am

So,so cute! After years of my oldest daughter praying for our family to grow, I gave birth to triplet girls. I've dressed them alike from the get-go for 3 reasons: 1) it's just so fun, 2) it's easier to take them out in public when I know that I'm looking for three of the exact same outfits, and 3) people tend to overlook their crazy behavior if they look all cute & matchy. It's all about strategy! 🙂

P.S.- after the triplets were born, we told our 6-year-old daughter, Taylor, that her prayers had been answered in a big way. "See? You prayed for our family to grow & we got triplets!" She looked confused and later admitted that she thought she was praying for all the members in our family to grow taller!