Home Claire new favorite artwork

new favorite artwork

This is how I was greeted when Claire came home from school yesterday:
You see, it was the 100th day of school, and that is means for a BIG celebration in our neck of the woods.

I found the following artwork shoved in her backpack with all the other 100th day celebration paraphernalia.

I am in love with it.
Apparently Claire realizes that when you get to be 100 years old you may be a tad bit grumpy. You also may weld a cane with tennis balls on the end to fight off people who may be in your way.

I love 1st graders.

Anonymous January 26, 2011 - 11:50 pm

That is so funny! I love kids' art because you can tell so much about them!

Katie January 26, 2011 - 11:58 pm

The tennis ball cane is absolutely hilarious!!

Marcie January 27, 2011 - 12:26 am

That made my day. I teach kindergarten so I'm pretty used to this kind of thing… but THAT was priceless. I hope you save it so she can see it as she ages (ever so gracefully 🙂

Alexis Kaye January 27, 2011 - 12:36 am

WOW. That is hilarious!!! Good job Claire! by the way, I'm in LOVE with that name and I hope to name one of my [hopefully as equally beautiful] daughters Claire. She is beautiful! 🙂

Ruth H. January 27, 2011 - 12:38 am

Ha ha! My first grader just had her 100th day celebration. Last week, she came home with a similar homework assignment: draw a picture of her in 100 years. She was super grumpy, and giving me a really hard time about getting it done. Finally, I said, "Why is this such a hard assignment?"
Her reply, "Because I don't know how to draw being dead! A cemetery? I don't like skulls! I laughed so hard–she's a realist, that child. I think the tennis balls were a great alternative!

SydneyMin January 27, 2011 - 1:36 am

lol too funny. Little does she know, she may feel like that 100-yr-older when she's only almost 40!! 🙂

Erica January 27, 2011 - 1:55 am

Adorable.
I think my favorite are the tennis balls on the cane. 🙂

...Rach! January 27, 2011 - 1:55 am

Haha! So cute! Your fam is adorable!

Melanie January 27, 2011 - 3:49 am

That is hilarious! I love the way kids can perceive things.

I've been meaning to call you and thank you and those involved for the sweet YW scrapbook I was given. What a treasure!

Krystle January 27, 2011 - 3:51 am

Hahahahaha!! Can I just say that her artwork TOTALLY made my night! I laughed so hard! Thanks for sharing. Good job Claire & Happy 100 Days of school!

Amy P January 27, 2011 - 4:25 am

that is adorable! We've been watching the movie UP at our house. Remember the scene of the old guy hitting the man who accidentally knocked down his mailbox? Well, it reminded me of that. Maybe she got that idea from the movie! 🙂

Ange January 27, 2011 - 5:17 am

We just celebrated our 100 th day too! 1st grade is the best, my son also made crown & a few other fun activities. I was glad to be there for some of it.

Jen H. January 27, 2011 - 5:34 am

Somebody's been watching Up….

Lynn January 27, 2011 - 6:46 am

LOL!!!!

I love it when the kids bring home their art. It truly shows their mom what goes on in that head of theirs.

Hilarious! I love the tongue sticking out in her "youthful" picture.

Jelly January 27, 2011 - 7:26 am

What's the 100th day celebrations? I don't think we have that here in the uk.

I love the picture of Claire in the doorway, she looks soooooo cute!!!:)

Heather January 27, 2011 - 2:41 pm

So adorable!

Sylvie January 27, 2011 - 3:01 pm

I remember the 100th day of school felt like such an accomplishment! Your Claire is too precious, what a fantastic smile!

Kaitlyn January 27, 2011 - 8:48 pm

I also have a first grader, and we have had some pretty great artwork too! 7 is such a fun age, and that picture is priceless!

dawn January 28, 2011 - 11:03 am

I love the 100th day at school, it's so much fun for the kids and for the parents. I've always volunteered on this day and the kids are so proud and they can count to 100. These were great photos,thanks.

Eyrealm January 28, 2011 - 10:50 pm

HILARIOUS!

Tania February 3, 2011 - 4:53 am

Our 100th day celebration is on Feb 16th. My kindergartener has been REALLY looking forward to it. The other day I realized why – he thinks once they reach 100 days they are finished for the year. (Here in NY school goes until the end of June.) That day may be less of a celebration for him, now he realizes the harsh truth!