Home lucy Lucy’s art

Lucy’s art

I love Lucy’s art.
I cannot get enough of it.
(That’s Hello Kitty up above…check out how she does those formations of
five dots in varying colors as a border.)

Each picture is so unique, and has it’s own sense of style.
I know I’m biased as her mother, but I think she has talent.
Maybe some day she will have an art gallery.
She makes stacks and stacks and stacks of drawings every day.
I love the patterns made with smiley faces and the numbers with their appropriate numbers of dots:

One of my favorite parts is that she uses so many dots.
It is so different than the other childrens’ drawings I have seen.  It makes my sister and I wonder if that’s how she sees the world.  She looks at the world in such a different way than others.  Maybe the way she looks at things makes those dots appear:
 I don’t know.
According to Lu, that’s an ice cream cone with a whole bunch of scoops on it to the left.

…I just like those smiling happy faces she makes.

Anonymous May 10, 2012 - 4:13 pm

Hmm… They are so wonderful .It made me cry 🙂 LOL . I admire you so much and come and visit your blog everyday.Thanks for sharing your stories..

Shannon May 10, 2012 - 4:26 pm

I love Lucy's art so much!! I can make some pretty cute hair bows… Would Lucy want to trade a wonderful dot drawing for some bows or headbands? Her pictures make me smile every time I see them :o) Email me lifeonpurpose at rocketmail dot com if she would be interested in a swap!! Have a wonderful Mother's Day, Shawni!

Morgan Mischief May 10, 2012 - 4:28 pm

I love the eyelashes. They're long and beautiful just like her's!

Emily & Emma May 10, 2012 - 4:37 pm

Lucy certainly is quite the artist! Dot paintings are part of Indigenous Australian culture and Australian kids usually practice making art similar to Lucy's beautiful work as part of the schools cultural programs. Here are a couple of links to some Indigenous dot paintings in case you (or Lucy!) are interested in having a look.

Kailee May 10, 2012 - 4:46 pm

I love her art 🙂 An idea popped into my head…what if you had an event where you auctioned off Lucy's art as well as other kids' art (who have the same condition as Lucy) to raise money for the I Love Lucy project? Idk, just an idea 🙂 But the pictures really are so beautiful coming from a child, and knowing Lucy's story, that makes them even more beautiful and artistic.

Love Being A Nonny May 10, 2012 - 5:02 pm

Kailee's idea is fabulous!!! Lucy really does have talent! And, well, just because she's Lucy, we would all want her art!

dresselfamily.blogspot.com May 10, 2012 - 5:15 pm

i love them!!! i would buy one!!!!

It is very interesting about all the dots. I wonder…

She's a doll.

Danae May 10, 2012 - 5:31 pm

Those dots very much remind me of Roy Lichtenstein's comic book work. Beautiful!

Susan May 10, 2012 - 5:37 pm

I love her art. I love when children just have "their thing".

What if you had a few of Lucky's drawings scanned and professionally printed into greeting cards? You could have a stamp printed on the back to raise awarness for her condition.

Anne Marie May 10, 2012 - 5:52 pm

That many scoops of ice cream make me smile, too!

Lucy is so precious. What talent!! Thank you for sharing her with us!

Jaclyn May 10, 2012 - 6:05 pm

Preschool art is my favorite kind of art. If Lucy had a gallery I'd pay good money to see it!

Amy J May 10, 2012 - 6:13 pm

Lucy's drawings and your comment: maybe it is how she sees the world, reminded me of Yayoi Kusama, Japan’s Most Celebrated Contemporary Artist, Illustration of Alice in Wonderland.

Enjoy
Amy

Ingrid May 10, 2012 - 7:43 pm

I love the greeting card idea! Or the art auction!

Whether or not she sees the world in dots, her art is very happy and colorful and that IS how she sees things. Credit for this goes to her wonderful parents. Sad children do not draw happy pictures, happy children draw happy pictures. Kudos to you!

Stacy May 11, 2012 - 1:29 am

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has a child who makes stacks and stacks of artwork everyday! They are such cute drawings!
On May 3rd you wrote about health and green smoothies, so I wanted to share with you something that has helped me and so many other people. The "green smoothie girl," {she's based in Utah, but travels everywhere}, is coming to Mesa,AZ this weekend. It's a free class. The details are here: http://mesafreeclass.eventbrite.com/. I took a friend with me that has Lupus and she started making green smoothies for her and her boys, {this was last year like in October}. It was the first winter in her boys {and her} lives that they didn't get sick! Anyways, I just thought I'd share! Thanks so much for your blog. I love your posts!

Brooke May 11, 2012 - 3:26 am

Hello! I am almost 13 and in 7th grade. I have told ALL my friends at school about Lucy, and how she has this disease. I printed out The I Love Lucy Project logo and taped it on my planner, and my friends wanted them too, after I told them about it. They all wanted to help Lucy, and everyone with Bardet-Biedl Syndrome. I found this blog searching for crafts on the Internet, and I've been reading ever since. I think Lucy is so cute & I love her drawings!!

Jessica May 11, 2012 - 4:01 am

Shawni…thanks for your continual inspiration and ideas you post daily!! I've been meaning to ask you a question for your Friday posts. Just wondering how you set your personal goals (what format do you use)? You seem to accomplish a lot in you day, just wanted to pick your brain on how you set future goals, personal, family goals, etc..

pakosta May 11, 2012 - 2:26 pm

so fun! I remember that age all my girls did was DRAW all day LONG! I still have stacks and stacks of their drawings! so are you going to scan them all or save them all?! its' a LOT to organize!
tara

p.s. I LOVE the dots!

marrathy May 11, 2012 - 8:23 pm

I visit ur blog everyday, Lucy is such a cutie pie! She is talented and her drawings would definitely bring a smile to anyones face 🙂

Steve and Alli May 11, 2012 - 9:48 pm

As soon as I saw these pictures I thought "greeting card fundraiser"! Thanks for sharing with us!

Toni Styles May 12, 2012 - 12:50 am

Cute drawings! Reminds me so much of my childhood – I think I drew extra pictures in every one of my storybooks. Go Lucy! 🙂

Felicity May 12, 2012 - 7:16 am

Shawni you would LOVE the children's book 'The Dot' by Peter Reynolds (Lucy would love it too)! It's about a small girl that explores creativity with the use of dots! It's one of my kids favourites!! Another great childrens book about art (from the same author) is 'Ish'! Such great stories which excellent messages for little artists!!