Home recipes Wendy’s pumpkin chocolate chip muffins

Wendy’s pumpkin chocolate chip muffins

2012-11-16 fall 64696 This recipe is from the same “Wendy” who gave me our favorite roll recipe.  That one is here.  Yeah, she’s pretty good in the kitchen…and at a lot of other things too come to think of it. Here’s how to make our favorite pumpkin muffins: 2 c. butter (I use 1 1/2 c. of butter and 1/2 c. applesauce…totally works and makes me feel more healthy) 3 c. sugar Mix, then add: 6 eggs Mix, then add: 1 Tbs. cinnamon 1 tsp. cloves 1/4 tsp. ginger 1 tsp. allspice 1 tsp. nutmeg 1TB vanilla 1 tsp. salt 1 Tbs. baking soda 1 Tbs. baking powder Mix, then add: 4 1/2 c. flour 1 large can pumpkin 3 c. chocolate chips Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. This makes a TON and they are completely mouth-watering.  Sometimes we make big ones (pictured), and other times we make mini ones in our little muffin pan, with my pampered chef scoop, with mini chocolate chips.  I would have a picture of those since we just made them on Sunday, but everyone scarfed them down before I could get my camera out.

Sally February 28, 2013 - 2:45 pm

Thanks for the great recipe. Can you define "large" can of pumpkin?

Becky M February 28, 2013 - 3:15 pm

I know and love Wendy, and I know and love this recipe, too!!! It makes 48 regular size muffins. Sometimes I cut the recipe in half. Sometimes not! =) It's great to make for an evening treat, then use the extras for breakfast the next day! These are already on my menu for next week! You gotta try em!!!

Kristen March 1, 2013 - 3:41 am

Love these! They are great with Hershey's cinnamon chips! Delicious!

Marc March 1, 2013 - 5:23 pm

The recipes have been great! Tried a few. Here is one BBQ trick a chef shared with us. When you cook chicken breast (or steak) on a BBQ take a regular red brick and wrap it with foil. When you place the chicken breast on the grill put a foiled brick on top of the chicken. Do each side for 10 mins. (when you turn over the chicken put the brick back on top of the chicken breast)The brick locks in the moisture so you get amazing taste and texture. The result? Chicken Nirvana.

steph March 1, 2013 - 6:02 pm

I found your blog at the recommendation of a friend when you posted about going gluten free. My daughters and I had just been dxed with wheat allergies (and casein and egg, good times). I was so grateful for your post as it generated so many comments containing great resources. Thanks to you and your readers! Not sure if you're doing gluten free anymore or not, but I thought I'd mention that I tried this recipe with a couple substitutions and the results were great! I actually halved the recipe because I didn't have enough pumpkin on hand to make the full batch. I used Bob's Red Mill GF flour, Earth Balance for the butter sub (3/4 c butter substitute and 1/4 c applesauce), ener-g egg replacer, GFCF chocolate chips, and i didn't have enough white sugar on hand so I did half white sugar and half brown sugar. My kids and the neighbor kids finished them off in ten minutes. Thanks for sharing the recipe:)

Karen Harris November 9, 2013 - 10:08 pm

do you melt the butter or soften it?

Shawni November 11, 2013 - 2:45 pm

Just soften the butter

Anonymous October 29, 2015 - 3:20 am

Can I use pumpkin pie spice