1) First up, we have other college kids besides those ones in Hawaii. Isn’t it weird that word is plural? FOUR college kids because we’re counting Abby too (of course). Abby sent me this picture of Max’s first day:
(Thanks Abby!, Go Max!)
I don’t have one of Abby’s first day a couple weeks ago, so let’s go ahead and put this one in here instead:
They are all moved in and settled in Provo, work and volleyball.
2) The “Get Organized HQ” I mentioned a little bit ago is coming up in THREE DAYS!
It starts on Monday, September 9th and goes until Friday, September 13th. I think my session is on Friday. I’m excited to share my thoughts on “organizing your dreams” over there on that platform (I give a little tour of our “dream books” and show some goals Dave and I made years ago). There are so many sessions I’m pretty excited about hearing, I need a little organization kick in the booty right about now.
Click HERE for all the info. and to sign-up to watch.
Here are some of the things we’ll be learning:
Yeah, I need all of that. I’m excited to listen in. If you click in there (here) and scroll down a little there’s actually an audio version you can get so you can listen while you’re cleaning, etc. I’m such a “listener” lately I’m excited about that.
3) Speaking of listening, a couple of my sisters and I are all listening to this book right now, The Empowered Wife:
My sister-in-law so highly recommended it a few years ago and we’re finally getting to it.
And I really like it. I’ll give you fair warning that there are some parts that are a little on the cheesy side, and there are some parts I don’t see quite eye-to-eye with, but overall I would totally recommend it. It’s to help wives learn to let go of a little of their control but I think it’s also teaching me to let go of trying to control my kids too. Yep, I do that sometimes. I like how it’s getting me thinking.
4) I’ve moved around some things on this blog and hopefully remedied some of the initial problems. I switched the “entrees” tab under the recipes in the menu up there to be a little higher on the list so that more of the entrees will show up (there are so many of them), hoping that helps navigate the recipes better. My brother added a way you can subscribe to comments, see if that works.
We’re still working on some other things including fixing some broken links. Right now I think a bunch of the links give a “404 page not found” error message, hopefully we can figure that out. Also working on vertical pictures so they’re not quite so honking big. So, more tweaks are coming. But for now I’m so glad to hear people are enjoying the new format.
5) I adore these two girls I still get to have home with me. I’m the luckiest to be their mom.