Home about us 2022 is on the horizon

2022 is on the horizon

As I type, we are driving in the snow homeward bound, into the sunset.

The sky is orange, waving goodbye to another year.

A whole year of heartbreaks and disappointments, of successes and surprises. A year filled with masks and Covid, and also a year filled up with learning and growth.

Sometimes we have to look back to see that growth, don’t you think?

And now, here we are, suddenly with a brand spanking new year looming before us on the horizon.

I have to say I really like the sound of 2022.

For some reason I’m thinking big, good things are going to happen this year.

There is nothing like a new start, don’t you think?

I am trying to figure out new years resolutions this year.

I know as I type people are probably setting out to celebrate, but if when you read this you have any awesome ideas you do to bring on a “new beginning” (or something you want to start doing), let me know! I’d love some new ideas.

Happy Happy New Year!

Thoughts about a New Year from the past

A bitter sweet new beginning…and looking back over 2020

New Years resolutions that actually keep (I hope!)

My yearly “One Word” mantras

Ciara December 31, 2021 - 8:10 pm

Happy new year Shawni! I have to say, your “word of the year” has always inspired me and I’ve been doing it and putting it into practice the last few years! It’s such a good tradition. This year, I’m making resolutions that are less about things I feel I should just do or check off a list, and focusing more on resolutions related to the person I want to BE. More BEING rather than just doing. Yes, there are still things that involve “doing” in order to be the person I want to be, but it’s still an interesting perspective shift. I’m looking forward to seeing how it goes!

Shawni January 5, 2022 - 11:56 am

Love these thoughts. I always like to picture how I want to be in six months or a year, and that helps me recognize how to BE in a different light, thank you for the reminder, I’m just getting to writing some things down today to push a little more this new year.
xoxo

KerstinEK January 2, 2022 - 10:40 am

My resolution usually is not to smoke and not to do drugs and I always follow through 100 %. 😉

In all seriousness, I don’t really do strict resolutions. There are a couple of things I want to work on continously (always the same ones) and a new year is just a reminder to try and be better about them.

Shawni January 5, 2022 - 11:55 am

Ha! Love that first resolution. I feel so much the same that the new year is just such a good time to revamp and rethink. Good luck with those. xoxo

Andrea Colina January 2, 2022 - 2:16 pm

Happy new year! I can’t recommend this booklet enough: https://yearcompass.com/en/
It helps you reflect on the year and plan the next one.

Hope you like it! <3

Shawni January 5, 2022 - 12:03 pm

Oh this looks so good! Thank you for the recommendation, I will definitely check it out!
xoxo

Shawni February 3, 2022 - 8:35 pm

Loved this exercise Andrea, it sure made me think, and also made me realize I better get my act in gear! Thank you for sharing.
xoxo

Andrea February 7, 2022 - 11:17 am

Oh, I’m so glad you liked it! I’m sure you’re doing your best 🙂 thank you for everything you teach us!

Kelly January 2, 2022 - 5:32 pm

Happy New Year! Our family is doing affirmations this year rather than resolutions. We discussed what affirmations are and gave everyone some time to research, think and pray and come up with some ideas. We will come back together tonight to discuss what we have come up with. The first affirmation will be “I am a daughter/son of Heavenly Father who loves me and I love him.” Each person will then choose their own personal affirmations after that. We love how this goes really well with today’s Come Follow Me lesson as well.

Shawni January 5, 2022 - 11:53 am

I LOVE this idea. Thank you for sharing!