Home the desert my favorite time of year — happiness growing on trees

my favorite time of year — happiness growing on trees

Oh I love orange season in the desert!

Every year I’m amazed all over again that I can just go pick all that goodness glory from my very own trees.

Oranges came in extra handy when there’s so much vitamin C needed (Covid was going around our neighborhood like crazy so we went and brought a bunch of oranges to the different families we knew might use a little boost:)

Also this:

Liquid gold I tell you.

Matilda February 9, 2022 - 5:31 am

Why would you wrap the oranges in plastic?? It is sooo bad for the environment!!! How about going plastic free this year in your household?

Kristine February 9, 2022 - 3:21 pm

COVID or some similar illness was present in the houses they brought them too. Why give someone with COVID strep or something? Most stores have recycling bins for flexible plastic.

Ana February 9, 2022 - 7:05 am

The bags look like they might be cellophane, which is a biodegradable material.
You’re right, it would be wise for all of us to make a concerted effort to use less plastic.

Jill February 9, 2022 - 7:59 am

You are a ray of sunshine! What a special way to spread happiness and share your love with others! 🧡🍊

mom February 10, 2022 - 1:54 am

Wow! That just fills your house with sunshine! And goodness! Love you!

Ciara February 10, 2022 - 5:46 am

Such a thoughtful (and beautiful!) gift idea!

Sarah February 11, 2022 - 11:27 am

All that juice looks incredible! Arizona at its best! Delicious!

Bailey February 16, 2022 - 3:27 pm

Okay this gives me hope! My husband just got into the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale so we will be moving to the Scottsdale area this summer. I am feeling nervous since I have had distinct seasons for most of my life. Anyway, thanks for helping me see the good of the desert 🙂 Also- if you have any tips or tricks on areas for good housing or tips about arizona in general, I would be allll ears, especially a family friendly area! ( we have a 3 month old 🙂 )