But I guess since she really is going to go ahead and turn 14 we better celebrate that little milestone. Because she’s pretty excited about it 🙂
Man alive I adore this 14-year-old girl of mine. Here are my top 14 things I love about her:
1) From the moment she was born she sparkled.
…and made other people sparkle too.
She just glows from the inside out and her light is abundant.
2) She is kind. She looks out for others and tries to build them up….her friends, her siblings…her parents. I love finding a little note from her every now and again on my bed, filled with kindness and love in her large, curvy handwriting.
3) She is a good friend. I love the little things like how the other day she was with a bunch of kids at our house and one of them was having a tough time getting a word in edgewise in the conversation. I loved overhearing her say, “hold on! so-and-so is trying to talk!” (except the girls name isn’t really so-and-so, but you probably guessed that…ha!)
4) She is a good sister. Yes, that kind of goes along with being a good friend, because she’s friends to her sisters (and brother), but I love that they are all drawn to her and she’s a big cheerleader for them all.
5) She is funny. And never afraid to ham it up.
(Look how little those girls were!! And she still does the same stuff and makes the same faces 🙂
14) She knows she’s a daughter of God. And keeps a firm belief of her Savior and what He has done for her in her heart. She knows where to turn in times of sadness or trials. I love her gospel questions and her tenderness when it comes to gospel conversations.
And one more to grow on…one of my favorite things about her is that she is mine. I get to be her mother forever and ever.
And for that I am so incredibly grateful.
Love you forever Claire Bear!