I cannot keep up with life in general, but do want to share one more kind offer to help with the BBS fundraising this week.
There is a “COLOR RUN” coming up this Saturday, and the people running the event have graciously offered to donate $10 from each entry coming from this blog to the I Love Lucy Project fundraiser.
Here are some details:
- The Color in Motion 5k event is this Saturday, December 7th in Gilbert, Arizona.
- It is a family-friendly event open to all ages.
- Runners wear white t-shirts while being blasted with colored powder throughout the race.
- The powder is corn starch with a texture like powdered sugar and is colored with food safe dye, so it’s safe to get in the mouth and eyes.
- People who aren’t even in shape for a 5k have said it was such a party they didn’t realize they could run 5 kilometers.
- Some proceeds from the race will go to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society as well as the I Love Lucy Project.
I have never done a color run, but think they look wickedly awesome.
and enter LUCY10
to have $10 go toward the I Love Lucy Project.
If you share this on social media with the hashtag #cim5k and/or #ilovelucyproject you will be entered for a chance to win two free tickets.
I love when people are all hip-to-the-jive with social media.
Just one more fun way to get involved in helping kids while getting plastered with color 🙂
THANK YOU for the kind offer, COLOR IN MOTION 5K people!! The I Love Lucy (and all BBS kids) Project loves you.
Also, another kind reader has offered to contribute 10% of her magnet board sales to the I Love Lucy Project up until December 15th.
And these boards are cool, I tell you! Check this out:
I think every family needs a board like that to keep track of all the “stuff” going on…wish I had one right now with all this Christmas jazz heating up. Check out her website with all kinds of good info. over here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/millcreekpress
THANK YOU BECKY!
In other news, we pulled out our Christmas gear.
And read our first Christmas book under the Christmas tree:
It’s my very favorite and we read it first this year since I have had it sitting on my dest since LAST Christmas since we never read it last year and I was just SURE I was going to make it happen before I tucked it away with the rest of the Christmas goods.
It was worth the weight because of course it made me cry again and it filled our house up to the brim with the true Christmas spirit.
It sure feels festive around here.