It means that she’s that much closer to being a teenager.
But the biggest reason she’s been looking forward to turning 12 is that it means she gets to go to Young Women with all her friends at church (she’s the youngest of the bunch).
She got to go last night and she was in seventh Heaven about that little fact.
Although I’m excited for her to be in all her glory, I, personally, am a little sick about it this advancement. I mean, she’s practically grown up.
And I’m not sure I’m ready for that.
I mean, how could she go from this:
in one fell-swoop?
I don’t know.
All I can say is that with each year I fall deeper and deeper in love with her.
Here are twelve of the thousands of reasons why:
1) You are kind. From the inside out. You are very aware of how others may be feeling. You can sense when people around you need to be lifted up so you write a nice note do a kind service…whatever you sense could help out.
2) You are some kind of babysitter. And I don’t forget to thank my lucky stars for you each time Dad and I get to go out on a date.
3) You are a good friend. I think all your friends would agree. (Including me.)
4) You are happy with simple things. You don’t ask for a lot.
5) You are an outstanding photographer. And I love to share that with you.
6) You are a HARD worker. When it comes to homework or jobs or goals you will stick to it until they get done.
7) You are a writer extraordinaire. I think you should write a book with all the creative things you write about.
8) You are obedient.
9) You are loyal. You would do anything for your family or friends.
10) You are a great potty-trainer-helper with Lucy.
11) You’re going to be able to beat me at tennis before I know it. I love to watch you play.
12) You have a testimony of Jesus Christ and it shows as it shines through in who you are.
I adore you, Elle Belle!
Happy, happy birthday!