It was our first morning going to our new ward so church didn’t start until 10:00.That was a nice birthday present in and of itself.
Have I mentioned I really, really like this girl?
Just wanting to make sure.
I love her for a million reasons, but here are 14 of them:
1) She is kind. To her friends. To strangers on the street. To her family. To her little sisters (most of the time:)
2) She loves photography. And she’s pretty darn good at it too. I love sharing that little hobby of ours.
3) She’s pretty musical. Not only does she love to listen to music constantly:…she likes to hum it, and whistle it, and sing it at the top of her lungs (when she thinks no one is listening). And she’s actually got a really good voice despite the fact that when she was little we thought she may be a little bit tone deaf. Maybe it was the deep raspy voice she used to have…
4) She is one of the greatest examples her little sisters could have and they adore her.
5) She’s super easy-going. She just goes with the flow and doesn’t create wrinkles unless she feels really strongly about something.
6) I don’t think you could squeeze drama out of her if you tried.
7) She’s a hard worker. Whether it’s for grades or jobs around the house or a tennis match she wants to win, she puts in all her effort and always does a good job.
8) She’s competitive. She likes to win. I love that spunky fire she’s got under that sweet exterior.
9) She sees the good in people and seems completely oblivious to anything bad. I’ve never heard her say a negative thing about anyone else in her life.
10) She shares my travel bug and has a long list of places she wants to visit some day…with Paris being at the top of the list.
11) She loves her Heavenly Father and tries to live a life He would be proud of.
12) She always knows if anyone is feeling bad or mad or sad…she has a knack for that, and she always knows what to do to make them feel better.
13) She is low-maintenance.
14) She’s more beautiful on the inside than on the outside. And I love that her sweet spirit shines through.
Traditional cake-float (for why we do that click here).
One last one to grow on…she surrounds herself with really, really nice friends… …who dropped by to give her some birthday well-wishes on their way home from a Trek fireside last night. Great way to celebrate the big day.
Sure love you Elle Belle. We couldn’t be more blessed to have you in our family.