Ok, so I can’t believe how fast this MOM CONFERENCE
dealio is coming up!
That’s Tuesday through Thursday and I’m pretty excited.
I haven’t really described what exactly this Mom Conference thing actually is very clearly, so here we go:
The Mom Conference is a totally FREE three-day online event featuring some truly amazing speakers I am so excited to hear. YOU (and I) are invited to tune in.
This motherhood gig is something we have to re-work over and over and over again as our kids grow and learn and as WE change as their mothers.
I love this quote:
“A wise mother is neither cocky or proud because she knows the school principal may call at any minute to report that her child has just driven a motorcycle through the gymnasium.” –Mary Kay Blakely
Ha! No matter how smoothly our motherhood journey may seem to be going, I love having constant things to think about because there is always so much to learn, and also to commiserate with!
Here are some of the topics that will be covered:
- Understand and manage your children’s emotions (and your own!)
- Teach your children about sex (yes, you really do need to do this…)
- Help your children to embrace healthy foods while teaching them to cook
- Raise grateful children and avoid the entitlement epidemic going on these days
- Manage your children’s cell phone use and screen time (such a tricky and important subject!)
- Take better care of your body, mind and soul (yes, YOU need to be cared for along with your children!)
- Develop and stick to a budget that really works
- Nurture your marriage
- Teach your children – babies through teens – the values and character traits that will help them be successful and happy
- Get that house clean and keep it that way (in a fun way!)
- Find more joy in motherhood
Sounds amazing, right?
Here is a list of some of the incredible presenters:
- Dr Laura Markham, Clinical Psychologist, bestselling author and discipline expert at Aha Parenting (Helping Kids – and Yourself – Manage Emotions)
- Katie Kimball, expert on healthy eating for families and founder of Kitchen Stewardship (Want Responsible and Healthy Kids? Teach Them to Cook and Eat Real Food)
- Ruth Soukup, NYT Bestselling Author and Founder of Living Well, Spending Less (Decluttering your Home, Mind and Soul)
- Ramona Zabriski, Founder of Wife for Life University (How to be a Wife for Life)
- Amy McCready, parenting expert, TODAY Show Contributor, author and creator of Positive Parenting Solutions (Raising Motivated and Grateful Children During this Me, Me, Me Epidemic)
- Jesse Mecham, Founder of You Need a Budget (Budgeting Made Simple)
- Dina Alexander, Founder of Educate and Empower Kids (How to Talk to your Children about Sex)
- Richard and Linda Eyre, NYT #1 Bestselling authors who run Valuesparenting (Simple and Powerful Ways to Teach Children Values)
- Marla Cilley (a.k.a. the Fly Lady), author, home organization and cleaning mentor, founder of FlyLady.net (Cleaning in a Fun Way)
- April and Eric Perry, life architecture experts and founders of Learn-Do-Become (Building the Life and Future you Really Want)
- Saren Eyre Loosli, family organization expert and co-founder of Power of Moms (The Three Basic Systems Every Family Needs)
Oh, and then there’s me.
That’s a little daunting to be added to that great list of presenters, but yes, I’ll be there talking about technology and touching on lots of questions and tips YOU as blog readers sent on over (thank you!!)
And to help avoid procrastination the Mom Conference people have offered some free gifts when we register:
– FREE Audio Story and Family Discussion Guide: These materials will help you teach your children about honesty in a really fun way
– FREE Guide: 7 Day Healthy Eating Meal Plan and Shopping List
(I need that last one desperately!)
So I’m heading over to register right now (because I’m one of those procrastinators:)
Register for FREE at the following link today:
There you go.
Mark your calendars for October 11-13th. Can’t wait.