In her prayers the other night she asked that she might get the things she wanted for her birthday, and then proceeded to list them one by one.
That girl knows how to get her point across.I don’t know that she got everything on that list, but she got her beloved CTR ring from her Nana & Papa she could hardly stand waiting for,…and a camera from us.
Oh, and a bunch of candy…which made her pleased as punch.
Speaking of candy, it’s very fitting that this girl’s birthday tradition is to have a pinata (filled with candy, of course). Grace can hear a candy wrapper opening from a mile away.Max was the mastermind behind our first home-made pinata. Then everyone helped paint it up.Grace, of couse, got to be the artist for the happy face.I think the “home-made” thing is now a tradition on top of the already existing tradition. I love traditions.
And finished off with cake and movie night:
1) She exudes excitement about life with her sparkly eyes and huge smile, which makes life fun.
2) She is one heck of a persistent little girl…it’s going to get her places in life (although it may make her parents crazy in the interim).
3) She’s the best sister. Claire idolizes her and loves to play all kinds of imaginary games with her, and Grace teaches Lucy so much.
4) She is an artist. She does such beautiful drawings.
5) She is a great writer. Click here for some samples.
6) Grace is a fiercely loyal friend. She adores her friends and will do anything for them.
7) She has confidence bursting out of her. And because of it she’s not afraid to try new things.
8) She still begs to snuggle.