Today my little girl turned eight.Which means she gets to get baptized in a couple weeks and also gets to have the “big talk” asap. (Click here for more about that…I’m actually really excited about it.)
It was a big day I will have to spill out all the details of another time when I’m not so darn tired.
But I couldn’t go to sleep without writing what I adore about her.
Because my heart is so full that I get to be her mother.1) I love the spontaneous notes she writes to me…her heart is written right into them in her perfect second-grade writing that slants down the page. She leaves them on my pillow and turns my heart to mush.
2) I love her “big sister” voice that comes out when she is trying to cajole Lucy into doing what she’s supposed to. She is extremely persuasive and nurturing. She is the best one in our family at tucking Lucy in bed without any tears.
3) She is a good little athlete and works hard at what she does. She wants do do every sport under the sun. It’s too bad her mom can’t give into her every whim because she’d probably excel at a lot.
4) She gets straight A’s
5) She likes to make sure everyone is included.
6) I love when we are eye-to-eye talking about something…I adore those crystal-clear hazel eyes.
7) She is a leader. She does her own thing and doesn’t give in to peer pressure (yeah, I know she’s only 8 but it’s a good start 🙂
8) When I pulled her aside for a minute to talk to her about her upcoming baptism tonight I could feel her strong desire to do what’s right and her love for her Heavenly Father. I love that.