I am hijacking Shawni’s blog to let everyone know:
Top Ten great things I love about my lovely wife on her birthday.
10. Loyal partner and friend. It has been 12 1/2 years and still I have not heard her say anything bad about anyone else. Shawni truly looks at the best in everyone else.
9. Up for something new. She is very adventurous and willing to try something different. If it was up to her we would be in a different country every year. Oh ya, we have.
8. Good communicator. She lets me know when she is ticked at me whether I like it or not. Our “discussions” do not last long because she will talk out the problems.
7. Keeps a healthy lifestyle. Shawni eats well and hits the gym regularly. A very good motivator for me and the kids. Her only food downfall, a chocolate chip cookie for breakfast (not a bad vice).
6. Polite. She has never burped in her life. None I have heard or she remembers.
5. Adores her kids. Shawni puts so much time, energy, thought and prayers into our 5 children. It is a selfless love that is amazing to witness. To her our kids are the most beautiful and talented humans on the planet, how it is suppose to be.
4. Creative & poetic. Shawni can see and write the beauty around her. We all see her amazing pictures she captures with her camera but she also can capture beauty in her writing. One of her greatest talents that most people do not know is how gifted she is a writing poems. They can be truly moving.
3. Cheers for me. Shawni has always been my greatest cheerleader and motivator. Any goal I set she backs me and helps me. Any opportunity I have to go golf, ski, play or go to Tahoe with the boys she not only lets me but encourages me to go. No guilt trips.
2. Very Kind. This quality has stood out as the greatest part of Shawni. I love how much she cares for all her family, friends or anyone around her. She looks at peoples needs and then wonders how she can help. Always worried that others are taken care of and prays she doesn’t offend anyone. It takes a selfless person to be so kind to others.
1. Easy to love. Shawni has made my life so full of Joy and happiness because I am married to such an incredible person. I am head-over-heels in love with her and look forward to all the new life experiences in front of us.
Happy Birthday Beautiful.
Happy Birthday Shawni!!! Dave that is the sweetest blog post I have ever read. What a great husband!! I started tearing up when I read it. I’ll blame it on the extra hormones in my body. Anyway, yes those things are so true about you, Shawni. You are the kindest person I know you have no guile or bad to say about anyone or anything. That is truly a gift. I hope you have a wonderful birthday. I will try to call you.!!!!
La multi ani, Shawni!! I’ve always thought you were an exceptional person, and Dave’s post just confirms it! I hope the coming year is wonderful for you!
What a great post Dave! Shawni is one lucky girl! You guys are the greatest couple. You both have different qualities that makes such a great combo.
Shawni I hope you have had a terrific birthday! You are at the top of my list of people I admire and want to emulate. Thanks for your friendship and your example to me! I hope you have had a great day!
Happy Birthday. I loved Dave’s list about you and second everything he said.
I hope you had a great day. Someday let’s celebrate our birthdays together again. Have a wonderful birthday!
I won’t go on and on…although I could, but I sure love you Shawni. And great big bonus points to Dave for hijacking the blog and writing such beautiful, true things about you. Hope you had the greatest day!!
I don’t think my hubby even knows I blog, little lone write something in my blog! What a great tribute to you. Dave sounds like such a great guy. Happy happy Birthday!
I agree with Dave- I’m head over heels in love with you too…that sounded better in my head than typed out!! Happy, Happy Birthday. Can’t tell you how much I enjoy keeping updated with your life through the blog. I think one quality to add to the great list Dave published is “Inspiring”. You truly have the ability to inspire people, whether about motherhood or life in general. I love it. Hope your day was great.
i already said happy birthday on your post below but i’ll say it again HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! and what a sweet husband you have. 🙂
Wow, that was sweet. I wish my husband could say the same things about me. His list has inspired me to be more like “Shawni” this year.
I have loved getting to know you better through your photos and writing. I can see why he is still madly in love with you!
Happy Birthday, very sweet….have a good one and hope you get spoiled.
Happy Birthday Shawni! You probably have no idea how many lives you haved touched for good. Just by reading your blog I have felt uplifted and inspired many times. You truly have a heart of gold. You have so many gifts that Dave has so beautifully described. I feel lucky that our paths have crossed. Thank you for your amazing example!
happy happy birthday! i must just say that i love blogs, and you are one of the reasons why. you’re such an example to me, and i love how real you are about life, motherhood, etc. and to think if we didn’t have blogs you would merely be this distant relative that i really knew very little about. have an amazing birthday…you definitely deserve it.
ps. my favorite rule about birthdays is that calories don’t count that day, so indulge guilt free
Happy Birthday to one amazing woman!! Kudos to Dave for being so thoughtful and expressing all of your wonderful and inspiring traits. I loved reading the sweet sentiments from a husband so in love with you. 🙂
I hope that you feel extra special today and know that you are loved and admired by many. I love that you put your family first and work so hard on their behalf. Happy Birthday Shawni!!
Oh, whoops…I just realized I forgot to wish you a happy birthday! Happy Birthday! Hope your day was full of lots of cake and free time.
I stumbled across your blog (actually another family members blog while searching for a picture of the Boston Temple). I just wanted to say your photography is so fabulous. I think I spoke with your parents (if your an Eyer) at a Family Conference in Boston a couple of years ago. I live in New England. I need you to photograph my family! I just noticed a couple of family members live in Boston- Would I be so lucky to find out you live in Boston so I can hire you?
Regardless- your family and blog is beautiful and Happy Birthday
P.S. What photo editor do you use?
Happy Birthday Shawni! I hope I am not too late in my wishes. I loved reading Dave’s list. What a thoughtful thing to do. We love you both and are so glad to have you a part of our lives. We are better for knowing you Shawni!
Happy Birthday Shawni! What a sweet and TRUE list! You’re the best!
ohhh, that was so sweet. Happy Birthday.
Happy belated Birthday Shawni!!