By the time this posts I will be knee-deep in laundry, unpacking, potty training Lucy, catching up on stake primary stuff, trying to stock up the fridge and dealing with tired kids.
(I love the “scheduling” option on blogs.)
But before the summer freedom draws to a close, (which it does early in the desert…August 11th to be exact), I want to do a “snapshot” of my siblings. (Like the one I did here of my own little family back in January.)
Somehow it seems that it will help me miss them less to freeze this summer in time. I want to remember years down the road how my family was right now.
So here goes:
(and please note, I can’t take credit for all these pictures…I just gathered them from others who took them that night…)
1) The oldest sibling is my sister Saren who is married to Jared. They are the only ones left in Utah (St. George).
Growing up I always thought I’d have a whole gaggle of boys, and that Saren would have all the girls (taking into account her china doll collection and desire to always wear dresses). But she’s the one who ended up with all the boys and one sweet girl in the middle who is one of Claire’s BFF’s. Saren’s blog is here.
2) Next comes me. And you already know much more than you need to about me. But here we are in our traditional beach shot. (Max somehow grew too big to be shoved in the back there this year, but we were in a hurry and didn’t realize it ’til later.)
3) Next is my brother Josh. He lives by us in the desert and because he is single (and is also not the hugest fan of taking pictures), we somehow missed getting a beach shot of him. He teaches elementary school and I think it’s safe to say he may be the best teacher out there. He is amazing with kids. Josh’s blog is here.
4) Next comes Saydi and her husband Jeff. They live in Boston and we wish they weren’t so far away. Saydi has an awesome family photography business and is one heck of a chef. Their blog is here.
5) Jonah and his wive Aja live in Washington with their three kids and a bunch of pets.
Yes, that is a chicken on my brother’s shoulder. Yes, they brought their pet chicken to Bear Lake. My kids are jealous. They definitely do their own thing and I love that. Their blog is here.
6) Tal and his wife Anita are next. They just got married in NYC last year which I wrote all about here. They quit their jobs and have been traveling all over doing service in India and Africa for the last nine months (you must read about their adventures on their blog here, but if you’re a travel-lover like I am beware of drooling over all the great places they visited). They were hoping to settle down in Switzerland (where Anita is from) but landed a great job in NYC where they are moving next month. (Some day they’ll get back to Switzerland, I’m sure.)
7) Next are Noah and Kristi.
They live in New York City, but are moving to Los Angeles in the fall, which we are pleased as punch about since we’ll get to see them more often. Their blog is here.
8) Eli and his wife Julie live in Washington, D.C. (He doesn’t normally have that funny expression…) We visited them recently here.
She is a nurse and he works for this great company called Imagine Learning (along with Tal and Noah…Noah’s actually the one who started the Imagine Learning trend).
9) Last but not least comes my baby sister Charity who is moving to San Francisco this week (and she’s not shy about taking pictures like Josh is).
We are so excited for her and the new adventures that await her there…one of them being a visit from us at some point…I LOVE San Francisco. Charity’s blog is here.