(aside from my six fav. people of course)
1) my Biolage thermal action hair stuff. I don’t know how well it really works, but it smells so darn good I use it anyway, and am tempted to spray it all over me for perfume.
2) my plastic plates from Target. It’s funny that I’ve reached a time in my life where plates make me so happy. But I’m telling you, our kids set and clear the table, and after x number of plates were smashed to smithereens as they tried to attempt to do their jobs, we switched to paper plates for a while. And, while paper plates really are a dream-come-true as far as simplicity and messes are concerned, for some reason I just picture them filling up some garbage dump somewhere and it makes me sick to my stomach. Plus, I want dinner to be a teeny bit nicer. So, voila, the Target plastic plates are so light and don’t break. Love them.
3) our IKEA plastic cups. Ditto to #2 for the reasons why.
4) Our kids’ electric toothbrushes. Some of our kids have awful teeth…something that for some reason they’re born with. They have weird, discolored enamel right when they grow in, which has produced multiple cavities and a couple root canals. Yes, root canals on kids. Dave had a bright idea years ago to get them electric toothbrushes so they would brush for longer and I’ll tell you what: it’s a miracle! They have to brush until that little beep goes off and we SO very rarely get cavities any more.
5) P90XSome people have asked for more info. about P90X so here you go: (click here). I love these workouts. I love that I can do them without going to the gym and before my kids wake up. I love that they are all different for different parts of the body so it mixes things up. I love how I feel when I’m done working out. BUT, I must admit certain phrases and jokes this guy uses are getting pretty old…and sometimes I totally slack off. So I’ve mixed in some of this:Pretty good too…and it’s QUICK (supposedly 20 minutes but really 30).
post edit note: Don’t be too impressed that I do this because even after I’ve done it for almost seven months I still struggle with pull-ups and push ups. And I TOTALLY don’t do the eating part of it (see number 5 below). Don’t picture that I’m all buff or something because I’m totally not. I just like to get my heart-rate up and have something that pushes me. This totally does and I love it!
But I can’t talk about them right now because my mouth is watering and I’m trying to eat healthy.
7) this smell:I’ve started applying this lotion after I shower every morning to help curb my I.W.A.N. cravings.
So far I think it’s had the opposite effect.
8) The way Lucy’s squishy body feels when I hug her close and the way her eyes look right into mine when we do Eskimo kisses.