I adore that huge smile and those sparkly eyes.
I love that they glow even more when that excitement is for or about someone else…which brings me to number two…
2) I love that this girl cares so much about others. Sometimes it drives me nutty because she is so worried about including everyone and who may have been left out, etc. But oh how grateful it makes me for her kind heart.
4) I love her spirit. She is my child who will ask deep spiritual questions that you can tell are so thought-out and she listens with all her heart as we discuss.
6) I love that she notices beauty and soaks it up with me.
7) She loves school and loves to learn. She’s a pretty diligent student and is always working on papers or assignments very conscientiously.
8) I love that she will try hard things and will push herself even if she’s scared.
9) She is a great receiver. I know that sounds funny, but she is SO over-the-top grateful for things. You should have seen her open her gifts this morning. Wide-eyed and enthusiastic throwing knock-down hugs. Love it.
Dave was telling me the other day that he thinks Claire has done more for Lucy than anyone else and I think he’s right. She’s with her the most and she is so incredibly patient. Oh boy does that Lucy adore her. And so do all her other siblings.
She just makes things fun.
i love claire soooo much. i know i'm not supposed to have favourites, but claire is kind of my favourite. she is full to the BRIM with spunk, and the best, sparkliest, most genuinely good kind. it is always a party when claire is around, unless she is sad because she is worried about someone else. such a golden heart. shawn, read this comment to her. wish i could give her a big hug for the big twelfth birthday!!!
Happy Birthday Claire! What a beautiful girl she is.
Happy 12th Birthday to Claire from the UK:)
I hope she's having a brill day.
Claire is looking so much like Elle, especially in the picture where she's got her hair in a bun.
Happy Birthday Claire!
I like how her personality shines through the pictures! I also like the relationship between her and Lucy <3
Wishing you a happy 12th birthday, Claire. All the way from the Carolinas.
As a long time reader, I can tell even as a stranger the immense love that is shared between Claire and Lucy, and its always been one of my favorite things about your blog. It's so clear how nurturing Claire is, and how much Lucy adores her sister in return. I have a similar relationship with my own sister and so it just really tickles me 🙂
Also, my oh my, she is such a beauty.
We adore this girl. Have fun to see the years pass so quickly. That's life! Love ti!
How fun, not have fun. Typo!
she is too cute! happy bday claire!