Home Young Women “Daughter of God” week

“Daughter of God” week

When our family went to California last summer we ran into a fellow Young Women president who told me about a great idea they implemented last year:

In their congregation of girls they set aside one particular week to help the girls more fully understand that they are God’s children. They had a powerful lesson on a Sunday to kick-off the week, and sent each girl home with a large envelope filled with seven smaller envelopes: one for each day of the week. The girls opened one envelope each day and were edified by either a poem, a CD with a beautiful song on it, or a short story to further help them understand that they are daughters of God. The next Sunday (which was Fast Sunday), they invited all the parents and girls and leaders to fast for those girls that their understanding of their divine nature would be more apparent in their lives. They had a special meeting at church with the girls and their parents complete with a slide-show from when the girls were babies, and an opportunity for the girls to tell about any experiences they had during the week. Then all girls, leaders, and all their families met at someone’s house after church to have dinner together.

The theory is that if teenagers realize more fully that they are God’s children and that He loves them and wants to help them through life, peer pressure and tribulations will become easier to bear. Making good decisions that will impact their lives and those of others around them for good will come more readily.

When this amazing YW president explained the whole concept I was baffled. How in the world could someone pull off something like that? I thought to myself that that sure was an awesome idea…for someone organized and on-top-of-things like she was.

With that, I shoved that big idea into the “ideas for later” section of my mind and tried to stay afloat in the everyday chaos that seems to be surrounding me these days.

But instead of that idea getting buried deeper and getting lost like most ideas tend to do in that section, it kept resurfacing. I thought about it at the grocery store. And at the bank. And on Wednesday nights when I hung out with all these girls.

I knew we needed to do it. And my dear, sweet ladies I work with agreed. And also agreed to help.

A lot.We went to the temple together and brainstormed ideas.

Some leaders agreed to make one of the seven envelopes…no small feat when you have to make 50 of them (we made one for all the leaders and our Bishop and Stake YW president too). Others agreed to gather pictures for the slide show, to figure out the dinner, to coordinate the activity that week, etc.

One day after a board meeting we stuffed all the envelopes people had brought into the bigger envelopes.
Another leader taught the kick-off lesson and we passed out these little puppies into the hot little hands of each and every girl as they left church, praying that something in these envelopes would stick to their hearts, and help them realize how important and beautiful and loved they are.

The younger ones were pleased as punch. The older ones I’m sure were a little more skeptical. It’s a lot to ask when you’re already piled high with homework and extracurricular activities galore, especially because we wanted them to record their thoughts in their journal each day.

The Sunday that we gathered all the girls and their families to conclude our special week happened to be the day after my Mom and I presented at Time Out for Women, and three days before Evening in Excellence. Yeah, don’t ask who the planner of all this was 🙂 I honestly don’t know what I would have done without my mom staying up all night with me making soup and brownies while I tried to finish the slide show on Saturday night.

But man alive that all sure payed off during that last meeting on Sunday when those girls shared their thoughts about how that week had affected them. There was such a strong beautiful feeling in that room and I think everyone felt such strong love pouring down from Heaven. Even the older, most busy girls expressed how they had been worried about the time commitment but how those little envelopes had helped change their vantage point that week.

After church we gathered with the almost 200 family members of the girls and us leaders at the home of our Bishop and enjoyed all the food everyone brought. How I hope these girls will always remember their individual worth in the eyes of their Father…the one up in Heaven who loves them so.

post edit note: I’ve had hundreds of requests for more info. on exactly what was inside the envelopes. Please leave your email address and I can send you any info. you need…or better yet, I’ll have the amazing girl who came up with this idea in the first place send you hers! 🙂

second post edit note: Elle has worked her little heart out to get emails sent to all the people on this list and is finally finished! (hooray!) If you are reading this post after January 12, 2012 and would still like to have the information, please see below…

THIRD post-edit note (7-9-14):
I have figured out how to attach all the info. from the email I have been sending directly to people who have requested it into a blog post.  Click HERE to download all the links and information about this week if you would like to replicate it in your own neck of the woods.  May these materials be a help to you and the girls you are working with!

Jamie Lamb November 16, 2011 - 3:55 pm

I love this idea…I had similar thoughts as I sat in on the Sunday lesson with the 12-13 yr olds last Sunday. This is exactly what our girls need to think about and know! I think I'll bring this idea up at our next meeting. 🙂

K - aka The Baker November 16, 2011 - 3:56 pm

If only I could see the letters and lessons you used! I have been searching for just such affirmations. It is a good reminder for all of God's daughters, not just YW. Any specific documents you used?

Cupcake Crazy Gem November 16, 2011 - 3:58 pm

Wow, wow, wow…that is completely amazing! I can't even begin to imagine the amount of effort that went into planning it, but no doubt it was all worth it and I'm sure that week will have made a lasting impression on those girls. I sure wish I had been able to experience a week like that 🙂 I guess it was a good thing you didn't plan it for all 780 YW in the stake!

nani November 16, 2011 - 4:01 pm

I have been reading your blog for some time, and I have enjoyed doing so. I love this idea. My husband has been called recently to be the YM president in our ward, and he has been overwhelmed and humbled with this calling. This idea would work well with the YM as well. Thank you for all your inspiring words.

Emily November 16, 2011 - 5:19 pm

What a wonderful experience. Holy cow, 50 YW in your ward…that's amazing.

jeanine November 16, 2011 - 6:24 pm

What an awesome idea! Would you mind sharing what you put in the envelopes for each day? I am in the stake YW and would love to do this!

Lacy November 16, 2011 - 6:49 pm

Fabulous idea! I don't suppose you would share what you guys chose to put in the 7 envelopes would you?

The Martin Family November 16, 2011 - 7:09 pm

I would love to see what is in those letters. I am giving the YW this Sunday on this topic.

Kelly November 16, 2011 - 7:50 pm

I have to speak at YW in Excellence for my stake this Sunday and a portion of my talk is focusing on the divine nature of these girls. Do you by chance know what kinds of stories/scritpures,ideas were in those envelopes? I am struggling with what to share and would love to hear of a story or quote, or something that stuck out to you as special for these girls. My email is kellyahlander@yahoo.com

Jamie @ It's a Morris Thing November 16, 2011 - 8:44 pm

What an awesome idea, I was thinking you could work something like this and lead it up to New Beginnings. Thank you so much for sharing, I will have to share this at our next meeting.

Brandee November 16, 2011 - 9:30 pm

Amazing!! This brought tears to my eyes. I LOVE this idea. You are so incredible. Keep up the great work you are doing. Those YW are so very lucky. Thanks for sharing. I will be storing this idea until I get back into YW's one day.

Melanie November 16, 2011 - 9:32 pm

This is such a great idea! I need to forward a link to this post to our YW president. Can you please share what you put in the envelopes?

Kat November 16, 2011 - 9:51 pm

I've enjoyed following your blog for a while now but have never left a comment. Today I had to think of you when I saw this TED conversation on What are the Top 5 things you can teach/share with a 6 year old?: http://www.ted.com/conversations/6995/what_are_the_top_5_things_you.html Check it out if you are interested! 🙂

Nikki November 16, 2011 - 9:52 pm

I am a reader of your blog from a good friend of mine who lives in AZ. I've read a lot of your moms books and I have been reading your blog for a long time now. I love it. Although I sometimes feel like I can't relate because I have a 3.5 year old and an 18 mos old, I do try to remember things you write about your kids for my future.
I had a question…maybe you can do a Friday Q&A with it: What kind of scripture reading would you do with a 3.5 year old? I have the BOM reader for kids and it's just so random. The story of Ammon chopping off the arms is a little much for such a young mind. I do want my kids to have a love for scriptures but I'm not sure where to start. Do you have any suggestions with what to do with such young children?
You have an amazing blog, family and stories. I really am grateful I've found this blog.

Lesa November 16, 2011 - 9:59 pm

I have a quote that I put where I can see it everyday. I got it from the New Era (church magazine) but didn't write who wrote it–but it is my favorite about this topic you wrote about…

"You become what you think about. If you spend your entire day thinking about the things the world thinks about, you will become like the world. It's impossible to become anything that you don't think about. If you want to become a righteous son or daughter of God who understands the Savior and His mission, you must study and think about those thins."

Lesa November 16, 2011 - 10:00 pm

things

Meg November 16, 2011 - 10:45 pm

I would love a sneak peek inside the envelopes please! meglowery@cox.net. Thank you in advance!

p.s. Your blog is a daily read for me and has given a lot of insight and ideas as I raise my own family!

dresselfamily.blogspot.com November 16, 2011 - 10:58 pm

i would love that email!
heididressel@hotmail.com

Mallory Alexander November 16, 2011 - 11:06 pm

I would love to get more info.
Thank you for sharing such great ideas!
Cmalex06@gmail.com

Colleen November 16, 2011 - 11:07 pm

Such an amazing idea! ctstabler@gmail.com

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row November 16, 2011 - 11:08 pm

I would love to see what is in the envelopes! I'm Yw president of 35 girls in our ward and would love to do this! Please email me at laurelmacd@gmail.com

Kasiah Banks November 16, 2011 - 11:10 pm

I would love to try this with my group. It's small, only six girls, but I think it could work. Please send me whatever info you have. My email is littled4@aol.com. Thanks!

Kelly November 16, 2011 - 11:10 pm

This is such an amazing idea. Thank you so much for sharing! You have an adorable family and I appreciate your letting us have a glimpse into your life.
kellybryce4@hotmail.com

kaleyq November 16, 2011 - 11:21 pm

Hi Shawni! Wonderful idea! Not currently in YW, but would love to pass this on (or keep in my 'idea file'). My email is kaleyq@hotmail.com. Going to TOFW this weekend … wish I could hear you speak again this year! 🙂 Hope you and your family are doing well!

Laura Alvord November 16, 2011 - 11:30 pm

That sounds so amazing! It's always a surprise when the YW take things to heart and actually DO them. I would love any information that you would be willing to provide. Thanks!

alvord.laura@gmail.com

katik November 16, 2011 - 11:31 pm

What an amazing activity for those sweet girls. Would you please send me more information? Many, many thanks!

katikofford@gmail.com

Aussie November 16, 2011 - 11:40 pm

Thank you for posting this Shawni – an amazing idea! If possible, can you please send me what you included in the envelopes? It would be such a blessing to the youth in our ward. Email:

iocwardnews@gmail.com

Jennifer November 16, 2011 - 11:49 pm

Shawni,
I'd love the info…

jen.hribar at gmail.com

I love your blog, by the way. And you.

brittmarie November 16, 2011 - 11:52 pm

Thank you for sharing this inspired idea. Would love to know more about the lessons and letters. Thank you!
brittjenkins@mac.com

Bell Family November 16, 2011 - 11:54 pm

I would also love any info you could share with me. What a fantastic idea. I basically read something from your parents 5 Spiritual Solution book everyday. I re-inforce the fact that they are "God's child" in everything we do…they are valueable!! Love those Eyre's. One of these days I am going to get to Power of Women weekend. Thanks so much for sharing your great ideas.
breebell@yahoo.com

Jana November 16, 2011 - 11:55 pm

I would love details on all that was inside the envelopes. Thanks so much!
janabrough@yahoo.com

Susan November 16, 2011 - 11:57 pm

Oh, wow! I love this idea!
lizziemom@gmail.com

Miss Nelson November 16, 2011 - 11:59 pm

I would love more details!

launanelson@yahoo.com

Jill Ison November 17, 2011 - 12:01 am

what an amazing week they had. thankful to have a daughter who got to be a part of it. so blessed.

Steph November 17, 2011 - 12:02 am

Add me to the list of those who would love additional info about the envelopes. I can't think of anything more important than to teach a child that she is a child of God. My e-mail is stephlikesmusic@yahoo.com. Thank you!

Leslie November 17, 2011 - 12:15 am

This is amazing. I am in our Stake YW and I would love to see our YW participate in this program. Would I be able to get a copy of what went in the envelopes and any other details that may have been missed. This sister is definitely in tune. Thank you so much for sharing. leslie.lowry@westwind.ab.ca

sarinah♥ November 17, 2011 - 12:19 am

What a fantastic idea. Would love to hear more details. Thanks!!

sarinaht1@msn.com

Hillary November 17, 2011 - 12:36 am

Thanks for sharing this event with everyone! I would love ALL the details in the envelopes. 🙂

The Breckons November 17, 2011 - 12:37 am

Love this!! Would love the details.
breckonjse@yahoo.com

Rachelle November 17, 2011 - 12:37 am

I would love more info! Thanks! This sounds awesome! rwhipple@alpinedistrict.org

Taylor Yves November 17, 2011 - 12:41 am

Shawni, for your Friday Q&As:

As a mother, do you think it's more important to set rules and a culture in the home in which the parents can best function? Or set rules and culture which best fit the child?

I'm leaning to the first option. But I know every kid is different and maybe needs more customized parenting.

K - aka The Baker November 17, 2011 - 12:51 am

Would love any/all info anyone is willing to send:
heycoop2@msn.com

Thank you!!

The Shane and Danielle Matheson Family November 17, 2011 - 12:55 am

ALL INFO APPRECIATED! entaca@cableone.net

THANKS!

Lindsay November 17, 2011 - 1:26 am Reply
Hillary November 17, 2011 - 1:38 am

YES, please email me more information. Loved it!
ladyjayne2race@yahoo.com

Karen November 17, 2011 - 1:47 am

I would love the email with more info!
karen.divine@yahoo.com

Lisa November 17, 2011 - 1:54 am

I love this idea and would love more info so we could think about this with our ward's YW. Thank you so much for sharing!!
lisa_schaack at yahoo.com

stoddard and sons November 17, 2011 - 1:55 am

Would love the info as well. Thanks in advance!
Pnstoddard@hotmail.com

sarahandmatt November 17, 2011 - 2:00 am

Please Please send me the ideas from inside those envelopes. Our YW is tiny (we have anywhere from 3-7 girls depending on luck and parental willingness). Our girls need something truly spectacular to help them know how very loved that are. My email is mantylou@msn dot com. Thanks

rachel November 17, 2011 - 2:01 am

rrr622 at hotmail dot com

i would love more info as well.
thanks!

Lisa November 17, 2011 - 2:54 am

Love your inspiring blog Shawni, and would love to do these envelopes for my 3 daughters! Thank you!
marengoreeds@gmail.com

Meagan November 17, 2011 - 2:56 am

Thank you for you blog! You will never know how much you have inspired me! I would love to know what you had in the envelopes! Thank you so much. Meagan m.gueller@comcast.net

The Wyler Family November 17, 2011 - 2:59 am

Wow! Sounds like such an amazing experience for your YW. I am serving in YW right now and I would love more information.

wyler27@gmail.com

Dayna M November 17, 2011 - 3:01 am

A wonderful idea – as are so many others on your blog and in your book 🙂 I would love more information – dayna_m@hotmail.com. Thanks so much!

Christina November 17, 2011 - 3:10 am

I'd love to know what kinds of things were in those envelopes. What an amazing idea, thank you so much for sharing it. I would love to implement it (or an awesome variation of it) here! Young Women really need these types of uplifting events. My email is christina.russell1@gmail.com.

The Wyler Family November 17, 2011 - 3:11 am

Okay, so I also need a little "Friday Q&A" help. 🙂 I have three little ones (barely 4, 2 1/2, and 6 months). My 4 year old has always been the most obedient, helpful, loving little guy. Lately, though, he is TOTALLY pushing the limits… not responding when I am talking to him, harassing his little sister, yelling at me when I ask him to do something, etc. I'm completely taken by surprise because it came on so suddenly. We've never had to have any major discipline system in place because he's always been so good and easy. Anyway, do you have any suggestions for me?

Thank you! I love your blog. You are so inspiring!

Head Nurse or Patient- you be the judge November 17, 2011 - 3:12 am

I would love to have the info- I think it could apply to the RS as well-

sllarsen@stratanet.com

Jessie November 17, 2011 - 3:34 am

This sounds awesome! I would love to know what was in all the envelopes! It's always great to find activities that will help the YW! Thanks.

thalman102@hotmail.com

Melanie Anne November 17, 2011 - 3:36 am

wHAT FANTASTIC IDEAS!!I love it! I would love more information–it would be so much easier for me to do here in Tennessee–with only 10 girls:)
melandboys@gmail.com

Rachael Patterson November 17, 2011 - 3:41 am

what a wonderful idea and a way to strengthen your girls!

rpatt99@gmail.com

Jen Tanner November 17, 2011 - 3:45 am

Hi Shawni-
send it my way please! Thanks!

JanniLew November 17, 2011 - 3:54 am

I would love a copy of what was in your envelopes – please. I really loved that you went to the temple as leaders and brainstormed together – what a powerful experience for your girls!

kjirsten November 17, 2011 - 3:56 am

I would love to have that information as well . . . what a special thing to do!

grantfamily7@att.net

Thanks! 🙂

JanniLew November 17, 2011 - 3:58 am

Oh, my email is janet.lewis6@gmail.com

Busy Mama November 17, 2011 - 4:09 am

This is such a beautiful idea!! I am in the Young Women in my ward and would love to try to pull this off! Please send me any information you can. I would really appreciate it! My email is denise.oyler@selecthealth.org.

JanniLew November 17, 2011 - 4:16 am

Also, could you share what you did for your weekday activity during the week. Did it go along with the theme? Thanks so much!

janet.lewis6@gmail.com

Tricia November 17, 2011 - 4:22 am

I love this idea!!! I was just put in the YW's and am like a sponge with ur ideas. They r awesome. Your blog is so inspiring. Thank u!!! I would love for u to send me this idea and any others that u would share! My email is pbsmiths4@gmail.com.

Cindy November 17, 2011 - 4:22 am

Please! We already started planning this after I saw your parent's blog post about this amazing event! Thank you!
fletchers@gmail.com

Ellison November 17, 2011 - 4:22 am

Exactly what we need!
sariahellison@gmail.com

Holly November 17, 2011 - 4:31 am

Please share the information with me! hollymasson@gmail.com

Bryce, Anna, Porter, Avery and Colette November 17, 2011 - 4:32 am

Please include me in the email of this info. Thanks!
dribanna435@aol.com

Anonymous November 17, 2011 - 4:33 am

I would love the information about the envelopes. Thanks! richandmiriam@hotmail.com

Mindy November 17, 2011 - 4:36 am

such a wonderful idea! I would love more info as well…
mindyhardy@gmail.com

thank you!

Kim November 17, 2011 - 4:38 am

Thanks so much! I love the idea and would love the ideas for the envelopes:) kimmyhansen@gmail.com

Matt and Becca November 17, 2011 - 4:40 am

Beautiful. I would love more information. Thank you so much! mattbecca@gmail.com

peachyquinton November 17, 2011 - 4:41 am

This sounds amazing! Just what my girls need! Thanks for sharing…
peachyquinton@hotmail.com

scrapmom4 November 17, 2011 - 4:42 am

I'd love more info on the envelopes!

scrapmom3@gmail.com

Brooklyn McKenna November 17, 2011 - 4:54 am Reply
Tam and Theo Lerios November 17, 2011 - 5:09 am

What a great idea! I would love more info! tamaralerios@gmail.com

Linda November 17, 2011 - 5:57 am

I would love to have the envelopes' info, too! Another great idea! LRMurri@msn.com Thanks!

Ryan & Amanda November 17, 2011 - 6:09 am

I definitely want more info on this! I think the concept behind it is completely true because I see it in my life every day whether I am remembering or forgetting who I am! rabowlerfam@gmail.com

Jessica November 17, 2011 - 6:10 am

I've been reading your blog for a while now, and it has had such a positive impact on me. I love it! I'm not a mom, (I'm 21 yrs old, and just about to graduate college.), but want more than anything in this world to be a mother someday. I hope to be a combination of the type of mom you- and my own mom- are to my future kids. In fact, you remind me a lot of my mom in your passion, love, and dedication to motherhood.

So while I'm not in YW, I would also love to receive the info. just for myself. jajackman724@gmail.com Thanks so much!! Also, thanks for being another amazing example of righteous motherhood.

Jenni November 17, 2011 - 6:12 am

I would love to know what you placed in the envelopes! tonedguns at hotmail dot com. thanks!

Lisa November 17, 2011 - 6:16 am Reply
Whitney November 17, 2011 - 6:20 am

More info would be awesome!

winterwhit@yahoo.com

Danielle November 17, 2011 - 6:20 am

Love this!

Would love more info:
dne29@hotmail.com

Sassy Sites! November 17, 2011 - 6:22 am

I would LOVE the information for the envelopes!! I love this idea!! Thanks for sharing!

sassy.sites@hotmail.com
Marni 🙂

Carrie Fox November 17, 2011 - 7:04 am

I would love to know what was inside the envelopes! What a fun idea!!! Thanks! My email is: fox03006@byui.edu 😀

Shayla November 17, 2011 - 7:10 am

shaylaframe@gmail.com Would love more info about the messages inside the envelopes! Thank you for sharing this fabulous idea!

Erin November 17, 2011 - 7:15 am

I would also love any more information on this activity.

Erin
etamigo(at)cox.net

Amy F November 17, 2011 - 7:17 am

Thank you for sharing.

amyfrandsen@gmail.com

Jen November 17, 2011 - 7:19 am

I, as well, would love to know what was inside.
jenlarsenfamily @ yahoo.com

Jacob and Lindsay Burt November 17, 2011 - 7:55 am

I would love more info! Thank You!
jlgburt@hotmail.com

Aaron and Jacinda November 17, 2011 - 9:00 am

I too would love to know what was inside those envelopes. Thank you so much for sharing 🙂
aj.toogood@talktalk.net

Peta November 17, 2011 - 9:11 am

would love to know too! thanks so much
peta.martin74@gmail.com

Ashley November 17, 2011 - 9:56 am

I would love the information too!
ashley.deidre.lloyd@gmail.com

De Anne November 17, 2011 - 11:09 am

Love this idea! I would LOVE to have the individual ideas. christoffersen_d@hotmail.com

Laini November 17, 2011 - 11:25 am

Hi there
Can you please send me the details of the Daughters of God week and envelopes? I LOVE that idea and plan to use it with my YW here in Australia.
Thanks so much
Laini Oldfield
lainioldfield@gmail.com

Jenny November 17, 2011 - 11:54 am

I would love more info!!! What a great idea!

cnjpurcell@gmail.com

LP November 17, 2011 - 12:00 pm

I think our girls could really benefit from this too. happyvalleylife@gmail.com

Thanks for sharing!

Brooke November 17, 2011 - 12:52 pm

I would love info on this. Sounds wonderful! I'm alternately overwhelmed and so happy to be a YW president… our wonderful girls are faced with so much these days. Would love to do something like this with them! My email is: brookebmeyer@gmail.com. Thanks!

Sarah November 17, 2011 - 1:00 pm

The support your church gives these young women trying to find their way today is astounding to me. It's exactly what needs to happen everywhere.

Lillian J. Banks November 17, 2011 - 1:31 pm

I would love the YW info too! rkrk04@gmail.com thank you

kged November 17, 2011 - 1:52 pm

This is the very concept I have been hoping and trying to get my girls to internalize!
Thanks for sharing the inspiration!
kathrynngeddes@yahoo.com

Beth November 17, 2011 - 2:05 pm

What a wonderful idea and I would love to do this with our Young Women. I would appreciate a copy of the stories and talk if you don't mind. You can email it to me at eamurray718@yahoo.com

Thank you for doing this I appreciate the time you spent doing this.

Leah November 17, 2011 - 2:13 pm

I would love to know what's in the envelopes! leahcoxrs@gmail.com

Thank you so much!!!

Emily Schaumann November 17, 2011 - 2:27 pm

I would love to know what was in th envelopes! Thanks.
Emily_schaumann (at) hotmail.com

Laurie November 17, 2011 - 2:34 pm

Love your blog. Love this inspiring idea for YW. Would love to have more info. to share with our YW. My email is Lauriecanderson@gmail.com. Thank you so much!

POLE ART November 17, 2011 - 2:35 pm

I would love to have more information.
Thanks for sharing. Shad21jam@gmail.com

Becky November 17, 2011 - 2:37 pm

I'm interested! ivegot6@gmail.com

AmyMak November 17, 2011 - 2:37 pm

amym@proctornet.com.

I LOVE this idea and I'd love an email about what was inside 🙂 Thanks. Sorry to create more work for you! You're amazing.

Susan November 17, 2011 - 2:55 pm

I would love to know what was inside also! Thanks!

susankn@ida.net

Lissa November 17, 2011 - 3:00 pm

I love this idea and would love to be included in the detailed email.

Dwalker{AT}pga{DOT}com

Karin November 17, 2011 - 3:12 pm

I sure would like to know what was in those envelops. Inspiring as always. Thanks Shawni.
sterling.karin@gmail.com

sego November 17, 2011 - 3:13 pm

I would absolutely adore to see what the letters are ;).

Can you send them at segmck@yahoo.fr

Thank you !

debbie November 17, 2011 - 3:25 pm

I would love the info on this as well! Thank you for sharing such a wonderful idea. dizgirl3@gmail.com

D November 17, 2011 - 3:37 pm

I am tears reading this… it is exactly what I have been looking for to combat the messages that my daughters here each day at school. There is much good they learn, but unfortunately, some teachers and leaders are confused. Thank you so much in advance! Please send information to:
icecoldmn@gmail.com

st.george November 17, 2011 - 3:55 pm

I would love to have a copy of what is in those envelopes! Thanks for continuing to be such an amazing example to so many. My email is camerlee@infowest.com

Jessica November 17, 2011 - 3:58 pm

Love it!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing yours and other peoples clever ideas 😀 rjflory@hotmail.com

Erin November 17, 2011 - 4:14 pm

Please, please, please send me more details. I would LOVE to do something like this with my yw. erinmatson611@gmail.com

John November 17, 2011 - 4:35 pm

beautiful. I would love the info. for the future. Than you.
tawnie77@yahoo.com

gmtopham November 17, 2011 - 4:43 pm

I would love information. My email is gmtop@sfcn.org.
Thanks.

jk November 17, 2011 - 4:43 pm

I love coming to your blog for a little joy and inspiration. I would also love the info on this great yw idea, thanks for sharing! ragar6@msn.com

Kari November 17, 2011 - 4:52 pm

I would also love to know what was in the envelopes. I'm always on the search for great YW ideas. Thanks so much.
karicall27@gmail.com

Curt, Lace and Harper November 17, 2011 - 5:10 pm

Love, Love, Love this idea! There is something to be said in empowering and giving a girl a reminder of her Divine Worth! Thanks for sharing this idea. Please send me more info I would love to spread this with the Young Women in my ward in Springville, Ut!

curtisnlacey@msn.com

Thanks,
Lacey Daily

Rachel November 17, 2011 - 5:20 pm

Thanks for sharing this idea and your insight on so many other things. I'd love to have this in my YW stash if ideas. Rachelalbertsen(at)gmail.com
Thanks

Rencher Fam November 17, 2011 - 5:27 pm

Wow! This sounds just like what my young women need. I would love more info! You have a beautiful family-thanks for sharing all your great ideas.
jennyrencher at gmail dot com

Accalia November 17, 2011 - 5:57 pm

Send the envelope ideas my way! accaliah@yahoo.com

erin and brian November 17, 2011 - 6:40 pm

I would love more info on your YW project. Sounds wonderful. thank you. erinandbrian@msn.com

Marne November 17, 2011 - 6:53 pm

Pease get me the info! I could use this idea for our group of YW. We only have 10 so I think it won't be as crazy for us. Thanks so much!
marneclark@hotmail.com

PEHNelson November 17, 2011 - 6:53 pm Reply
Louise November 17, 2011 - 7:32 pm

Oh please can you email me, too? louchielou@hotmail.com

Thank you so much! This idea, by the way, is INSPIRING!

Anonymous November 17, 2011 - 7:48 pm

I have read your blog for years, and always come here for parenting inspiration. I would always subconsciously "skim" over the young women stuff. Well….I just got called as Young Women's President in my ward, and i can't even tell you how much I have started soaking in all this stuff too! Thank you for all you post and share, in every aspect of your life!

ruth_manwaring@yahoo.com

Carrie November 17, 2011 - 7:51 pm

I've love to have more information!
irisice4 at yahoo dot com

Denise November 17, 2011 - 8:11 pm

PLease send me more info!!! I love this idea! We are planning our New Beginnings and our theme is "Beautiful to Him" This would be perfect for that!
Denise Seamons
Niseepoo2000@yahoo.com

Matt and Elaina November 17, 2011 - 8:17 pm

I would love more info:
elainapoulsen@yahoo.com

Lane and Chelsea November 17, 2011 - 8:22 pm

I would LOVE to know more!! 🙂 My email is laners25@gmail.com.

Chelsee November 17, 2011 - 8:33 pm

I would LOVE to have more info. We'd love to do this in our YW. Thanks!
chelseemaree@gmail.com

ec November 17, 2011 - 8:39 pm

fabulous idea … just got put into our ward young womens and need all the ideas i can get!

derincahoon@hotmail.com

Megan November 17, 2011 - 9:01 pm

I would love to know more info. Thanks. meganfloclark@yahoo.com

Tammy November 17, 2011 - 9:50 pm

Oh, this is such a good idea, I would love to do this for the start of the year. Luckily, I only have 9 girls… but it still seems daunting… could you please send me what was included in the packets? loyenling (at) hotmail (dot) com

Dre + Drew - Midwest Living - Iowa City November 17, 2011 - 10:43 pm

Okay I would love that idea. How wonderful. prp077@my.utsa.edu

Kaici November 17, 2011 - 11:38 pm

This is the sweetest idea ever … exactly what I've been looking for! I'd love to have it e-mailed to me!
princess.kaitlin95@yahoo.com

Kacey November 18, 2011 - 12:17 am

Brilliant! Please send…

kaceys25@hotmail.com

stephschmidt November 18, 2011 - 1:42 am

I would LOVE to know what was inside the envelopes, and any more info 🙂 my email address is steph071200@hotmail.com. Thanks!

Tracy Haws November 18, 2011 - 1:57 am

I never know what to comment. I'm not blessed with a skill for writing. But you must know what an impact you've had on me and my family. I often come to your blog looking for something and I always find it. Thank you for sharing so much of yourself. If it's not too late I would love to be included on the email. tracyhaws at gmail dot com…thank you in advance!!

Kelli November 18, 2011 - 2:44 am

I love your blog and follow it regularly. It has given me so may ideas for my family! I would love a peek inside those envelopes! akhbw@yahoo.com
Thank you for all of your inspiration. 🙂

Beth November 18, 2011 - 2:59 am

I would love more information! Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful idea!!

bethneece@comcast.net

Iv November 18, 2011 - 3:09 am Reply
chelsie November 18, 2011 - 4:28 am

Sounds like an amazing experience for those YW! I'd really appreciate a copy of the envelope information. Thanks for sharing!! Cbruggeman23@yahoo.com

The Booren Bunch November 18, 2011 - 5:15 am

Thank you for sharing such wonderful ideas with us! I would love more information…
natandphil@yahoo.com

judie November 18, 2011 - 5:27 am

I would love to receive information about the enveloppes, thanks, Judie.damico@hotmail.com

Carrie November 18, 2011 - 10:18 am

I would love the info too! Your blog is amazing!!
thewwrental@yahoo.com

The Farmer's Wife November 18, 2011 - 1:37 pm

I would love the information for this activity! Sounds amazing….Rachelle Jones
Chilimex5@yahoo.com

Lenna November 18, 2011 - 3:11 pm

Beautiful! I'd love the email too. Thank you Shawni!
lenna_p at yahoo.com

Kristy November 18, 2011 - 3:24 pm

I would love the info too! I am not in YW but maybe we could implement this somehow in cubs! Love it!

Steph Cef November 18, 2011 - 3:53 pm

I would love to do this for our young women. I would love the extra info. My email is stephcefalo(at)yahoo(dot)com. Thank you so much!

rebfam7 November 18, 2011 - 8:29 pm

How fun! Would love more info on the details. I enjoy your blog and it is a bonus when I get to see my friend and your cousin Kara in your posts! Thank you! rebfam@hotmail.com

Marcie November 18, 2011 - 9:10 pm

Send me the info too please. Currently first counselor in YW. Each time I've served in YW I am shocked yet again at how much time goes into it all. Ideas already planned and well thought out are lifesavers! marciealcorn@yahoo.com

Danelle November 18, 2011 - 9:53 pm

danellefobert@hotmail.com
I'm a brand new YW president and need all the help I can get! Thanks.

The Buckley's November 18, 2011 - 11:30 pm

i would love to know what was in the envelope. kimmybuckley@gmail.com. You AMAZE me!!!! keep all the wonderful young womens ideas coming.

Jill November 19, 2011 - 12:46 am

Yes please…I would love to do this in our ward!

jilldickey@gmail.com

What a wonderful idea!

taggteam November 19, 2011 - 1:54 am

I would love the info about the daughter of God week. I am not in YW but would love to use that with my daughter. Thanks so much

Andrea November 19, 2011 - 3:52 am

Would love a copy of the letters and lesson! It would be great for our girls.

awymanwilliams@hotmail.com

Christine Green November 19, 2011 - 5:45 am

Shawni – Would you please send me the link or information for the stuff inside the letters. christinegreen77@yahoo.com

Curtis and Whitney Giles November 19, 2011 - 6:40 am

Love the idea

cw-giles@hotmail.com

Shalyse November 19, 2011 - 7:29 pm

I would love to get an e-mail with more information. My address is shalyse.clayton@gmail.com. Thanks so much!

julie and nick November 19, 2011 - 9:18 pm

Your blog is SO helpful!!! And it is so sweet of you to share with each of us your information. ThAnK YoU for taking the time to do this!!!

julieneilson@gmail.com

April November 20, 2011 - 1:49 am

I would love more info too.

aprilhintze@gmail.com

Ann November 20, 2011 - 1:53 am

I would love more info on this.

annskidmore(at)mac(dot)com.

Thanks for sharing!

Brooke November 20, 2011 - 3:45 am

Love the idea!

brookeholman2@gmail.com

Sheila November 20, 2011 - 6:34 am

What a wonderful idea. I'd love more information please.

sheilab1970@gmail.com

Thanks so much.

alison November 20, 2011 - 1:46 pm

I would love more info on this activity! Thanks much!
alison@brashers.com

CrazyinIdaho November 20, 2011 - 8:36 pm

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction to get this information. So excited to encorporate this into our new beginnings! josiemanwaring@hotmail.com

Adele November 20, 2011 - 9:05 pm

This is wonderful!!!! I would love some more info if its not too late. Thanks

helslinger@msn.com

Joy & Casey November 20, 2011 - 9:45 pm

Love it! Would love to have info emailed to me for my young women!
cjassj@hotmail.com

Stephanie November 20, 2011 - 10:10 pm

What a fabulous idea. Would love to have the content emailed me if you have a second. Thanks!
Stephanie
stephssnapshots@gmail.com

Jane November 20, 2011 - 10:50 pm

I'd love to know what's in the envelopes
janelockrey(at)gmail(dot)com

BrookeHoopes November 20, 2011 - 11:46 pm

I would love to get this info. Thanks for your beautiful blog and all of the inspiration you share. My email is brookehoopes [at] hotmail [dot] com.

Kari Howell November 21, 2011 - 4:09 am

I would love more information on this
kari.howell@gmail.com

Thanks so much!

Johnsons November 21, 2011 - 5:58 am

I would love more info!

thejohnsonfam@gmail.com

THANKS!

Suzanne November 21, 2011 - 6:23 am

Please send me that email.

sbrench914 at msn dot com

THANKS!

Cami November 21, 2011 - 12:14 pm

Love the idea!!! My email is utvail@msn.com

KHad November 21, 2011 - 5:42 pm

I would love to learn more about what went inside the envelope. Thanks!

bookolio@hotmail.com

Amy Poulson November 21, 2011 - 6:52 pm

I would LOVE more information on this activity. Our YW really need it. And thank you for your blog. I am not a mother, but I hope to be someday (if nature lets me; I just turned 38). That said, I live my dreams of motherhood through you. Thanks for sharing all you do.

Amy (amypoulson@gmail.com)

anna November 21, 2011 - 6:53 pm

Oh goodness, Shawni! I am #184 and yes I do want more info. I was just called as YW President in our ward a few months ago. A friend of mine told me about seeing this on your blog. She has a daughter who is moving up from Primary the first part of January, so she is already looking for stuff! Thanks for sharing this great idea. I look forward to hearing more!

Abzi November 21, 2011 - 10:42 pm

i would love to hear more abibridgwater@gmail.com

gisa04 November 21, 2011 - 11:04 pm

I would love some more information on the letters and what you did. Thank you for sharing.

email: shad21jam@gmail.com

brudcrew November 21, 2011 - 11:09 pm

I would love any information you have and are willing to share! Thank you! mombrud@yahoo.com

JujuBean November 22, 2011 - 3:24 am

This is exactly what I'm looking for for my sweet young women! I can't believe that on top of all your amazing mothering, you're young women president, too! I only hope I can tap into some of that enegergy. Thank you!! jujuhallstrom at gmail.com

ensman November 22, 2011 - 4:40 am

You are amazing and if you have time I would love a copy too:) jodeemattice@yahoo.com

Arlene (CO Kid) November 22, 2011 - 2:35 pm

Sounds amazing! I would love the info!

arlene.haymond@gmail.com

Cathy November 22, 2011 - 3:07 pm

This sounds wonderful! I would love the information too.

cathyolds73@gmail.com

[BrookeO] November 22, 2011 - 3:47 pm

I would love it.
bmoldroyd (at) yahoo |dot| com
Thank you!

Cindy November 22, 2011 - 7:22 pm

Am I too late?! Hope not! 🙂 cindyreaveley@gmail.com Thank you!

kaleyq November 22, 2011 - 10:06 pm

Hi Shawni-Wonderful idea!! And I even still recognize some of your leaders! 🙂 I'm not currently in YW, but would love to pass this on (or keep it in my "someday" file)! Hope you and your family are doing well.
kaleyq@hotmail.com

Tad and Jennifer November 22, 2011 - 11:43 pm

Add me to the list too! It sounds amazing! jenniferruth77(at)yahoo(dot)com

Mari November 24, 2011 - 3:45 am

What a fantastic idea!!! Could I place myself at the end of a very long line of "please send the content of the envelope" ? Thanks!

Laurel November 25, 2011 - 4:09 am

I would love to have a copy of your "Daughter of God" week plan. Pretty please.

Laurel@albrechtfamily.com

SuJ November 25, 2011 - 4:24 pm

I just finished listening to a Sheri Dew CD where she talked about doing this very same thing! So reading your blog was just another indication that it was time to do this! Please send me your more specific info….thanks!sujonz1@msn.com

leslie s November 25, 2011 - 5:25 pm

What a great idea, and thank you for sharing it!! Lesliesloan@shaw.ca

Dawn November 26, 2011 - 3:00 pm

I would love a copy of the info from the envelopes. If you, or anyone else gets a minute to send it to me I would be so grateful. What a beautiful idea! Thank you!
ramseydc@gmail.com

Aimee November 27, 2011 - 3:51 am

I would love any further information you can give!! Thanks SO much :o)

fivesizes@gmail.com

Aimee

Lyndsey Swindlehurst November 27, 2011 - 5:48 pm

I also would love more info about what was inside the envelopes! Such a great idea! lynz333@hotmail.com

Lindsay Harrell November 28, 2011 - 12:03 am

Can you email me the details?!
lindsayharrell@hotmail.com

I love this idea! We have a small group of yw down here in Florida and I know that this would be amazing for them!
PS: Love your blog and solid advice! My fam is in Gilbert and looking at all your pics makes me homesick for the desert 🙂

Mari November 28, 2011 - 6:47 am

A big "yes please" to know the contents of the envelopes!
Anything that will help our YW come to the realization of their divined identities!! mari.viertel@gmail.com

jordan November 28, 2011 - 2:39 pm

Love this idea! Thank you so much for sharing… This would be great for our 30 YW in Nashville! I'd love the specifics you put in each envelope!

Thanks again!
Jordan

beairdfam@yahoo.com

Lindsay November 28, 2011 - 11:45 pm

What an amazing idea! I would love a copy. Thank you so much! Your blog always inspires me. llcutrell@gmail.com

Kelli November 29, 2011 - 12:25 am

Could I please get a copy of the contents of the envelopes? My email is connellmk50@hotmail.com
Thank you!!!

marci November 30, 2011 - 3:27 pm

Please add me to your list. I would love more info on this.

hugentobler@juno.com

Ashley December 2, 2011 - 4:17 pm

Me, top! Me too! Thanks soo much!
rowemom5@att.net

Laura B. December 2, 2011 - 9:13 pm

Shawni,
I would LOVE this info, if you have time to share it!
Thanks for all you do!!!

Julie December 2, 2011 - 10:00 pm

I'd love a copy! I'm a new YW president and would love to see what you did.
JulieJYoung@hotmail.com
P.S. We're kinda-sorta related…My sis-in-law and Noah's mom-in-law are sisters. Small world! I happened on your blog through one of the family blogs. Glad I found it!

Kristin December 3, 2011 - 5:51 am

I would also love the info
Kristin.Hicken@gmail.com

Emily December 4, 2011 - 6:13 am

I would really appreciate getting more info. Our Young Women need this. Thanks!

mrs.ferons(at)gmail.com

5 Little Moberlys December 5, 2011 - 1:25 am

What a great idea! I called the rest of our YW Presidency and they agree! My e-mail address is sharea_moberly@yahoo.com. Would you mind pointing us in the right directions for the envelopes? THANK YOU!!!

Dave and Katie Anderson December 5, 2011 - 1:41 am

This sounds amazing! And right in line with we're planning for our young women in our New Beginnings in February. Could you send me what was in the envelopes too? kqutie84@gmail.com

Krista December 5, 2011 - 4:19 am

I too would love the info! Thank you!
kristadalley@gmail.com

Aubree December 5, 2011 - 6:31 am

This is awesome!! Aubs_10@mac.com

lurel December 5, 2011 - 6:50 am

Please send it my way! Thanks so much!
lurel_brooks@hotmail.com

Sarah Allred December 5, 2011 - 6:54 am

This brings tears to my eyes – and it's the 4th time I've READ IT! So powerful! I hope to help fit this to the needs of my YW.

sarahgraceallred@gmail.com

Becky December 5, 2011 - 7:16 am

I would love more information as well! What every you are sending out, I would love to be included.

bekfife@yahoo.com

thanks!

andrea December 5, 2011 - 7:27 am

Thanks for taking the time to share this info.

Andreahainsworth@comcast.net

Shelci December 5, 2011 - 7:48 am

I haven't been in YW in a while, but I am sure I will be again at some point. I would love a copy.

brooksandshelci@hotmail.com

Lyla December 5, 2011 - 8:08 am

I would love this information too! Please send whatever you can to laigrwin@gmail.com. Thank you!!

Brooke and Jason December 5, 2011 - 8:24 am Reply
Felicity December 5, 2011 - 10:43 am

What an amazing idea!!! Thanks for sharing! I would love more info on it. castonism@hotmail.com

Theo Fam December 5, 2011 - 11:44 am

My YW need this! Thank you! My email is Theodosis.mail@gmail.com

JK and S December 5, 2011 - 11:56 am

What a great idea! I would love a copy, as well 🙂

burns@jwstucki.org

Thanks,
Kendra

Emily December 5, 2011 - 12:18 pm

I would love a copy!!! Thank you for sharing!

emmers_crane@yahoo.com

Ana Carolina December 5, 2011 - 12:40 pm

Hello, I would LOVE to get the info as well. Yes,I'm still hoping to add my name to that list! 🙂
if you don't mind…

usamikad@gmail.com

Love,

Ana

Katie December 5, 2011 - 1:19 pm

I'd love the documents as well! kmbsorensen@gmail.com, thank you so much for sharing!

Brandee December 5, 2011 - 1:32 pm

I am adding my name to your LONG list. I would love any and all info you have on this fabulous idea.
scottbrandee@cox.net

Thanks Shawni!

kati December 5, 2011 - 1:41 pm

wow! thank you so much for doing this! You are incredibly busy and I really, really appreciate this! I cannot wait to do this for my YW!

morriskati@yahoo.com

kati

heather December 5, 2011 - 1:44 pm

I would love a copy
giftfromgod5@msn.com

Staci December 5, 2011 - 1:45 pm

I would like to add my name to the list when you send out electronic copies. thanks. staciwalton@hotmail.com

Emily December 5, 2011 - 2:03 pm

I was just put in as the Secetary in our Young Womens this would be wonderful to do. elf717@msn.com thanks for everything that you do. Emily foster

Stephanie December 5, 2011 - 2:13 pm

This looks amazing! I would love a copy also.
richnsteph4@gmail.com

Stephanie

Kateastrophe December 5, 2011 - 2:15 pm

Count me in on getting the details of this! Kate(underscore)murphy(at)cox(dot)net

Julie December 5, 2011 - 2:18 pm

I would LOVE to get a copy of this — thank you for sharing it!

jules1650@gmail.com

Amy Bouck December 5, 2011 - 2:26 pm

I would love the information on this YW idea. I appreciate your hard work and willingness to do it and also love your blog. Thanks.

sabouck4@gmail.com

gelly December 5, 2011 - 2:33 pm

I am one of MANY who would appreciate more information about this great idea. Thanks so much for sharing!

Unknown December 5, 2011 - 2:39 pm

I would love a copy as well. Thank you!
nearyperfect@gmail.com

Lori December 5, 2011 - 2:47 pm

AMAZING. PLEASE send me a copy of the details and a peek inside the envelopes. Thanks!
lafrancom@yahoo.com

Emily Christine December 5, 2011 - 2:49 pm

What an awesome idea! I would love the documents! Emilychristine1985@hotmail.com

Dawn December 5, 2011 - 2:51 pm

I would also love the details!
dawners22@hotmail.com

KR December 5, 2011 - 2:52 pm

What a special idea! I would love more information: Kate.rader@gmail.com

Sarah December 5, 2011 - 2:58 pm

The YOung Women are lucky to have such wonderful leaders. I would love a copy! Thanks!!
samac23@yahoo.com

Heidi December 5, 2011 - 3:11 pm

This is wonderful! I would love the info for my YW…thanks so much for sharing all your hard work!
kbk92f AT aol.com

Pollards December 5, 2011 - 3:19 pm

I too would love a copy. Thanks for sharing. bjaspollard@yahoo.com

Marshall and Dana December 5, 2011 - 3:21 pm

I would love more info also! Thanks so much!! Love your blog!
dsjag@hotmail.com

andie December 5, 2011 - 3:26 pm

I would love a copy!

asangsters@hotmail.com

anniebobannie December 5, 2011 - 3:44 pm

I would LOVE the info for the Daughters of god packet. annielemaster@Msn.com

Lisa December 5, 2011 - 3:45 pm

I would love to get the email about all the letters and lessons you used in this awesome project. Thanks!

slward3@msn.com

Cheryl December 5, 2011 - 3:45 pm

Would love an email davencher2000@yahoo.com

Thank you for doing this!

Unknown December 5, 2011 - 3:49 pm Reply
The Losser Family December 5, 2011 - 3:57 pm

I would love more information.

ashleylosser@hotmail.com

Holly December 5, 2011 - 4:07 pm

I would love a copy as well. Thanks so much! hordyna@gmail.com

Laney December 5, 2011 - 4:11 pm

Would love a copy! Delaney_carroll@yahoo.com

Shelley December 5, 2011 - 4:13 pm

Love this idea! Could you please send me the additional information about the envelopes? Thanks!
shellgun@yahoo.com

Kim December 5, 2011 - 4:14 pm

What a wonderful idea! I would love to receive the information. Thanks so much for sharing with us. kim.sandoval@iveracity.com

lisa December 5, 2011 - 4:14 pm

Would love to this with my class. Thanks so much.
dawgboy7@hotmail.com

melbabe December 5, 2011 - 4:15 pm

I would love a copy of that! Thank you so much!!!
melbabeogden@hotmail.com

Lisa and DJ December 5, 2011 - 4:15 pm

You have no idea how much your efforts will bless the lives of so many young women around the world. I'd love your info to do this for my girls. Thank you!!

lisaSking@hotmail.com

A Farmer's Wife December 5, 2011 - 4:16 pm

I would LOVE this! Such a tremendously fabulous idea!

Laurie and Mike December 5, 2011 - 4:19 pm

Thanks so much for such a wonderful idea. I'd love to have a copy of the info. Email address:
mlevans1@comcast.net

Jennifer December 5, 2011 - 4:24 pm

I too would love a copy.

Jennifer.Jenson.Clark@gmail.com

Erin December 5, 2011 - 4:29 pm

I would love the info for this:

erin.h.miller@gmail.com

Thanks in advance!

Angie December 5, 2011 - 4:29 pm

This is fantastic!

pkvance2@hotmail.com

Thanks!!

Allison December 5, 2011 - 4:29 pm

I didn't even think to ask for a copy of the letters. But since you suggested it, I'd love one too.

alroundy@gmail.com

Shanna December 5, 2011 - 4:34 pm

I love your blog! I would love to get more info! My email is shanbride@msn.com
Thanks! 🙂

Damon and Marie December 5, 2011 - 4:38 pm

I would love to be added to "the list"! This is such an amazing idea, even if not for Young Women's but for my own daughters! Thank you so much for all the hard work you put into this AND your blog 🙂
mariectrejo@gmail.com

Shera December 5, 2011 - 4:43 pm

Thank you for the wonderful idea. I would love a copy. clintandshera@gmail.com

Jill December 5, 2011 - 4:46 pm

Thank you for sharing this with us.
I would love to have the info sent.
Jill.Broberg@gmail.com
Many thanks to all who worked on this!

** Adrian ** December 5, 2011 - 4:59 pm

This is amazing! I would love to have the info as well. Thanks for being so willing to share!! I can only imagine the impact this had on your girls. What a blessing!!

johnson.adrian1 at gmail.com

The Evans Family December 5, 2011 - 5:00 pm

I would love to get more info on this great idea. My daughter and I were talking about what a great idea it would be for her to do a version of this for her fellow YW as a value project. Thank you for all your great ideas!

adilee@canby.com

Lacy December 5, 2011 - 5:01 pm Reply
monica December 5, 2011 - 5:02 pm

I would love to receive more information!
monicabrerap@gmail.com THANKS!!

Melanie December 5, 2011 - 5:22 pm

Thanks so much for sending more info!

melaniemcmullin@gmail.com

Monica December 5, 2011 - 6:07 pm

I would love to have these! Thanks so much! mdupuis@sbcglobal.net

Sarah December 5, 2011 - 6:09 pm

I would love the email as well. Thank you so much for being willing to send this all out to us. My email is sarahegbert at gmail dot com. Thanks again!

Ware Family December 5, 2011 - 6:12 pm

I love this! Thanks for sending it to everyone. heatherware@hotmail.com. Thank you!

Jonathan and Linsi December 5, 2011 - 7:26 pm

I'd love the info! Thank you so much!!! jonathanandlnsi@gmail.com

Anna December 5, 2011 - 7:34 pm

I would love to have this info too! annamc23@gmail.com. Thanks!

Lindsay Ruiz December 5, 2011 - 8:35 pm

Just got called to YW and our girls could really use this!

lindsayruizfamily@gmail.com

Spencer Family December 5, 2011 - 8:55 pm

Love this idea!
spencergirl@gmail.com

Bree :--) December 5, 2011 - 9:22 pm

I would love to get a little more info…thank you, thank you!!

bree_atkisson@hotmail.com

Unknown December 5, 2011 - 9:38 pm

I absolutely love this. Every YW / RS sister should have one.

Jess December 5, 2011 - 9:48 pm

I would love the information from these too! Please send them to jbellgirl@gmail.com. Thank you so much!

Unknown December 5, 2011 - 10:06 pm

Such a great idea, I would love if you would forward me the info. znaeholmes@gmail.com

redvelvet December 5, 2011 - 10:13 pm

would love a copy emailed to me. Thanks sooo very much for sharing your ideas and talents!
email: chalkbarn@yahoo.com

Robyn December 5, 2011 - 10:26 pm Reply
Tiff December 5, 2011 - 11:05 pm

Thank you so much for taking time out of your already super busy life to share!

tkeetch@gmail.com

LJ, DC and ML December 5, 2011 - 11:49 pm

Ooh I'd love the info. What a great idea!
I love your blog. Thank you so much for writing.

Lana December 5, 2011 - 11:56 pm

I love this idea (and your blog). Thanks for all the inspiring thoughts. I'm an experienced (older) mom with grown children. Your 'deliberateness' will pay off.

Lana

lanawilliams6@gmail.com

Lynn December 6, 2011 - 12:01 am

Please add me to the list for more info! Thanks!

crapo(at)shaw(dot)ca

OnCallMom December 6, 2011 - 2:28 am

This is wonderful and I would love to do something like this with our YW! kateandchris@gmail.com

Jennie Bennett December 6, 2011 - 2:45 am

This is amazing!! I love it! This will be something they will remember forever!! Please send the details!

Jennie Bennett December 6, 2011 - 2:47 am

Canaryjen@gmail.com

Ashley December 6, 2011 - 5:34 am

Would love to have more infor on this…

lehi11reliefsociety@gmail(dot)com

kkerr December 6, 2011 - 5:34 am

This is such a great idea! I would love the information you have on this.
krisannekerr@gmail.com

diva728 December 6, 2011 - 6:05 am

What an amazing and inspired idea. I would love a copy of the letters so we can do this in our ward. Thanks for sharing!
ryancarolynmorris@msn.com

Jen Hill December 6, 2011 - 4:04 pm

I really love this idea! Please add me to your list:

jenrichardshill@gmail.com

Thanks!!!

Lisa December 6, 2011 - 5:23 pm

smithlisa@shaw.ca

Thank you!

Macy December 6, 2011 - 6:11 pm

I would love a copy too! Thanks!

mazegrace@yahoo.com

Jen December 6, 2011 - 7:54 pm

Please include me when you send out the email with all of the Daughter of God Week materials. This is a wonderful idea!

Jen December 6, 2011 - 7:54 pm

Oops, my email is jenniferapratt@yahoo.com

Elizabeth December 6, 2011 - 9:20 pm

Me too please!
ejhharris@yahoo.com

Missy December 6, 2011 - 10:06 pm

I love this idea! please include me as well: queeniemis@gmail.com

-Audrey- December 7, 2011 - 1:27 am

I love this idea and wonder why we haven't done something like this before. We have a lot of yw in our ward who I feel are struggling with this very concept. I would love to have a copy of the stories, etc. that you would be willing to share with me. Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful idea! hysteria2483@gmail.com

Purple December 7, 2011 - 4:51 pm

I would love to be included on your email list. I love the great idea. calen131@hotmail.com

Heidi December 7, 2011 - 4:58 pm

I see you have lots of comments. What a great idea. I'm in young women's right now and this would be so great for our girls. I would love the info. heidiandjared@gmail.com

Beema December 8, 2011 - 4:14 pm

I would love to get more information on this whole idea! I have about 15 girls and they really could use this activity! I would love to have the information so we can also get it into the planning stages. My email is lynnel.springer at gmail.com. Thank you so very much!

LynnEl – YW Pres in Champaign Illinois

Taylor Family December 8, 2011 - 5:55 pm

I would also love to have more information on this! Thank you for sharing! baynrecky@gmail.com

Johnsons of Haymarket December 9, 2011 - 6:42 pm

I would love a copy of these documents! They will be a real help!
erikajohnson8@yahoo.com

Julie Smart December 9, 2011 - 10:02 pm

I would also love more information. julieasmart@gmail.com

Tracy December 9, 2011 - 10:25 pm

This is an amazing idea and just what my YW need!! THANKS!!!abcslamb@sfcn.org

Tonya December 9, 2011 - 10:28 pm

We have Presidency meeting Sunday and will bring this idea up to the Presidency. This is spot right on with letting them truly know they are loved by their Heavenly Father and Savior as well as we leaders.
Love this post and would appreciate much the things you used to create such an inspirational message for your Young Women. We have 36 Young Women and I feel this would be such a testimony strength for them.
Thanks so much for sharing! Looking forward to your email.

The Peterson Family December 10, 2011 - 5:28 am

Thanks so much!! kmpeterson00@gmail.com

S and K December 10, 2011 - 9:31 pm

I would love this info! Thanks so much for sharing. Hope I'm not too late.
kamikennedy@yahoo.com

Porter Family December 11, 2011 - 5:20 am

This is a wonderful idea! Thank you for sharing. amy_porter@comcast.net

Stef December 11, 2011 - 6:14 am

Hi, as so many others, I would love to have more information about this activity. Please send to stef@dtph.com Many thanks

moabmother December 11, 2011 - 9:03 pm

I think this is great and that the girls always need to be reminded that they are a lovely daughter of Their Heavenly Father. Please send me more information on it: moabdadandmom@gmail.com

Evans Family December 11, 2011 - 11:23 pm

what a neat idea! if you're still sending out info. about it i would love to have it. my info. is johnandtamievans@bellsouth.net
thanks so much!!
Tami

Nunes Family December 14, 2011 - 7:30 am

Hope its not to late to get a copy! I just love this idea!
britani_nunes@yahoo.com

Cheron December 15, 2011 - 7:06 am

Thank you so much for sharing your idea!! I would love a copy of what you put in the envelopes for the girls. I think this would be a great idea to do with the upcoming New Year! Thanks! crgochenour at gmail cot com

Scout Troop 473 December 15, 2011 - 3:11 pm

I would love to use this idea! Could you please forward me the letters and lessons?

What a beautiful and meaningful way to teach this very important lesson.

Thanks,
Kristina Williams
krissy@xmission.com

Kelsey Jackson December 16, 2011 - 4:39 am

I would love to get some info for my YW!!! kelseyvjackson@gmail.com

Koch December 18, 2011 - 8:51 pm

What a great idea I love it and would love more info. Thank you so much for sharing!! krille1970@gmail.com

Celeste December 22, 2011 - 1:52 am

I am in the yw presidency in Frisco, Texas and want to do this next month. When you get a minute, would you mind emaing what exactly was in the envelopes? Thank you do much. Jakeandceleste@gmail.com

Steph December 22, 2011 - 6:58 am

I'd love a copy of the info! Please send it to me at stephie_long(at)hotmail(dot)com

Ginaj December 22, 2011 - 3:58 pm

Would love more details. This sounds like an amazing thing to do with my YW and my daughters.
noelzer@comcast.net

Tracy December 23, 2011 - 3:50 pm

I would love a copy please. THANKS!!
tlamb801@gmail.com

Lindsay December 29, 2011 - 4:16 am

I don't know if you're still checking the comments for this post, but I would love a copy of what went into each envelope. This week's lesson from the manual is actually titled "A Daughter of God." Thank you for sharing such a wonderful idea.

lindsayesplin@msn.com

The Heath Family December 30, 2011 - 6:23 pm

I would love a copy of the handouts…beautiful idea!
floppyflower@gmail.com

Craig and Kim January 1, 2012 - 12:10 am

This is such a wonderful idea! i would love to have what was in those envelopes. Please email me at klsmith703@yahoo.com Thank you!

John Laurie Clayton Jack Evan January 1, 2012 - 7:37 am Reply
Woodruffs January 1, 2012 - 5:15 pm

I would love to have more information on what you put in the envelopes. memeannew@yahoo.com Thank you 🙂

Catherine January 2, 2012 - 4:48 am

I am sooo going to use this as part of our week long girls camp!!! Can you email me the information as well? cuppy33@yahoo.com Thank!

Katherine Christensen January 3, 2012 - 10:34 pm

I would love a copy of what was inside the envelopes! What a great idea, I can't wait to do it with our YW. Katherinechristensen26@gmail.com

Katherine January 4, 2012 - 5:02 pm

Would love to know what are in the envelopes. A great idea for New Beginnings. Thank you! rubyroom01@gmail.com

Kim January 6, 2012 - 12:45 am

This is a wonderful idea. I would very much appreciate any more information that you might have. Thank you for sharing.
kim_dayley@yahoo.com

Ray!a Sue January 6, 2012 - 10:43 pm

Thank you for sharing. Would love more info.
Email. MaskFam@cox.net

Kim

Women In Real Estate January 7, 2012 - 5:15 am

I would love a copy to amylippincott@gmail.com

Bonnie January 7, 2012 - 4:09 pm

What a beautiful idea! I am teaching the daughter of God lesson tomorrow and I really wish i had come across this sooner. i would love more info on what you had in the envelopes. My email is bonbon251@gmail.com. Thank you so much for sharing this idea.

Liza January 7, 2012 - 7:17 pm

I would also love a copy of the email! It is such a wonderful idea. My email is liza_richards@yahoo.com

The Childs Family January 8, 2012 - 2:23 am

I would love love love more info! THANKS for sharing your heart and testimony…love your blog!
staceyjchilds@gmail.com

LaLa January 8, 2012 - 5:08 am

I would love a copy of what went into the envelopes!

gardenofgirls@gmail.com

Thank you!

Celeste January 8, 2012 - 9:47 pm

i would love more details about this! thanks!
jakeandceleste@gmail.com

J n Bee January 9, 2012 - 5:03 pm

bless you for being such an inspiration to all of us readers! i was able to hear you speak at time out for women in virginia! way to go!

i am planning my YW lesson on this very topic and would love any futher info. you have. littlebee5@hotmail.com

thanks so much!

J n Bee January 9, 2012 - 5:18 pm

thanks so much!

Lindsey Heath January 9, 2012 - 6:46 pm

hi there, I just stumbled upon this on Pinterest and it looks amazing! I would really appreciate knowing more about the envelopes too, my email is lindseykateheath@gmail.com. Thanks so much!

Murphy Family January 9, 2012 - 7:48 pm

i would love a copy of this amazing lesson, i would greatly appreciate it. smurphfam@gmail.com

momofthree January 9, 2012 - 9:39 pm

Please share the Daughter of God week info with me!
Thank you. mikbusick@gmail.com

G-Lo January 10, 2012 - 7:02 pm

Yes please send me info too!

glowtesch@msn.com

What a great idea, thank you for sharing!

AWRS January 11, 2012 - 4:23 pm

I would love an email with any information you have to share! wendyrk@hotmail.com
Thank you!! 🙂

Patricia February 16, 2012 - 12:43 am

I stumbled across this blog by accident, but would love to have the details of what was inside the envelopes. Thanks in advance.
PWal912@aol.com

-Audrey- February 24, 2012 - 9:22 am

Ugh!! I hate to leave another comment because I know that you had sent me all the files that go with this great idea and I had them stored on my thumb drive but it was stolen a few weeks ago and I thought I still had the email but I can't find it anywhere!! Could you please resend the files to me? I would so greatly appreciate it! Hysteria2483@gmail.com

Scott March 3, 2012 - 6:19 am

I would love a copy too! thanks for sharing this great idea!

The Bay's March 16, 2012 - 7:22 pm

Wow! I love how dedicated to the young women you are. I would love to try this in our ward. If you have time I would be thrilled to with anything you are able to send. Thank you so very much.

The Bay's March 16, 2012 - 7:23 pm

J April 13, 2012 - 11:42 pm

I would love more info. please!

threeladybugs@gmail.com

Thx!
J

Amy April 14, 2012 - 1:02 pm

I would love to have you email me too! Thanks!
amy.seiter@gmail.com

Amy April 14, 2012 - 1:07 pm

Is it too late to send me something too?
amy.seiter@gmail.com

Aimee April 29, 2012 - 2:39 am

Came across this and would love to get an idea of what you did!

Thanks-a-bunch!
Aimee

fivesizes@gmail.com

Samantha Crawford May 17, 2012 - 3:10 pm

I would love to have the information that was in the envelopes, too! I appreciate your time! What a wonderful idea!

samnhailey [at] gmail [dot] com

NeenaLove September 21, 2012 - 7:50 pm

coreen.williams@gmail.com — do tell!! please email me what you placed in the envelopes for the girls. next month's theme for my yw is divine nature and i am dying to kick off the month with this!!! 🙂

David & Amber September 24, 2012 - 3:36 am

I would love a copy of your "Daughter of God" week plan. I think this is a fabulous idea! Please send it to ambermikey77@yahoo.com

Thank you so much!!

Jody and Lindsey January 1, 2013 - 9:15 pm

Don't think I did it right the first time! Could I get this information too??? It is such a wonderful idea! We all need this!
lindseylowe428@hotmail.com

Thanks so much!

Martincrew January 12, 2013 - 10:06 pm

I just came upon this via pinterest a love it! We are doing this for our YW for this months Godhead lesson. I would love the details! tammysnews@gmail.com

Fabio Gonzales Jr. June 11, 2013 - 3:14 am

i would love to learn more about this! email me at taysavhall@gmail.com

Fabio Gonzales Jr. June 11, 2013 - 3:15 am

I would Love to learn more about this! Please tell me more at taysavhall@gmail.com

Heather McVey June 11, 2013 - 4:31 pm

what an amazing idea! I would love to get a copy emailed to me so I don't have to recreate. Thank you so much for your amazing talents.

whitney mellor July 10, 2013 - 3:51 pm

I would love to have the info as well. Whitneymellor@gmail.com

Amber Burt August 29, 2013 - 8:04 pm

I would like to see the information that you used as well. amberburt123@gmail.com.

SaddieMae September 8, 2013 - 1:56 pm

What a wonderful idea, thank you f for sharing!

Rmcomber@msn.com

SaddieMae September 8, 2013 - 1:57 pm

What a wonderful idea, thank you f for sharing!

Rmcomber@msn.com

Christal December 3, 2013 - 7:36 pm

I would love a copy of this if you still have it this link popped up on pinterest so hoping you still have it:) I'm in YW's right now and this sounds amazing and exactly what they need:) Thanks so much! dabevo@hotmail.com

Claire March 11, 2014 - 1:59 am

I would really love to know what goes inside of the packets. I am young woman earning my honor bee and I thought I could do this for the leaders and the young women in my ward. My email is creatingwithcc@gmail.com Thanks!

Anita May 7, 2014 - 10:12 pm

I know it says to send an email to sepphotography@gmail.com. but I didn't get a respond. So Im trying from here. I would love our girls to experience a week like this. Could you please send the packet info to my email. Thank-you so much. macsbabe@hotmail.com

Shae Wells November 6, 2014 - 4:53 pm

I would love a sneak peek inside the envelopes please! shae_wells@uss.salvationarmy.org Thank you in advance!

Foto Fanatic January 19, 2016 - 2:12 am

I would like to have a copy of your Daughter of God week plan! Thanks! Jolynevans@hotmail.com

Paula Barnes May 15, 2018 - 9:40 pm

please email the info. my email is paulahbarnes.51@gmail.com

Shawni May 22, 2018 - 6:02 am

See the link in pink at the end of this post…it will guide you to all the info. I have put online that I used to mail out to people.
xoxo

Vivian Logsdon May 9, 2021 - 2:08 pm

Hi! We are preparing for our girls camp and our theme is Daughter of a King. I loved your idea of the 7 envelopes and would love to know what you had on them. I tried the link you had at the end of the post but it didn’t work for me. Would it be possible to email it to me? My email is vivianbassette@gmail.com. I would really appreciate it! 😍

Shawni May 13, 2021 - 1:08 pm

Hey Vivian, I fixed the links so hopefully you can find all the info. you need!
xoxo