I really thought I was going to get to posting about the end of school and all that jazz before this day to have a little reprieve on the posts all about Max, but here we are on the big day.
This not-so-long-ago little baby boy of mine who towers over me is a real, bonafide adult as of today.
And I have to list my eighteen things I adore about this kid that are making my heart bust wide open.
(So please excuse the continuation of my gushing.)
1) I adore his quick wit. He has the best, most clever one-liners that make us crack up.
2) He loves his sisters. And their love is ever evident with how their eyes light up when he’s around.
3) He’s low-key and low-maintenance.
4) He takes himself lightly.
5) He is smart. He’s the best homework helper we’ve got.
6) He’s got a great memory. I loved traveling around Asia with him and hearing him spill out little snippets of info. he learned in some history or geography class ages ago.
7) He’s mellow. He doesn’t get all fussed up about things (which is a very good example to his mother).
8) Even though he’s mellow, he does have some fire in him (as evidenced by a few broken things here and there) which I hope helps him go places in life. Everyone’s gotta have a little fire, right?
9) I love his smile and excitement when I cook one of his favorite things.
10) He is awesome with kids. I loved watching him with them climbing all over him in India and when we’re with friends with small kids.
11) He is kind. This is one of my favorite pictures of all time because you can just seen the kindness and concern oozing out of him:
…and this is my favorite of showing how much these people appreciated that kindness…check out this sweet lady’s adoring face: