I really thought I was going to get to posting about the end of school and all that jazz before this day to have a little reprieve on the posts all about Max, but here we are on the big day.
This not-so-long-ago little baby boy of mine who towers over me is a real, bonafide adult as of today.
And I have to list my eighteen things I adore about this kid that are making my heart bust wide open.
(So please excuse the continuation of my gushing.)
1) I adore his quick wit. He has the best, most clever one-liners that make us crack up.
2) He loves his sisters. And their love is ever evident with how their eyes light up when he’s around.
3) He’s low-key and low-maintenance.
4) He takes himself lightly.
5) He is smart. He’s the best homework helper we’ve got.
6) He’s got a great memory. I loved traveling around Asia with him and hearing him spill out little snippets of info. he learned in some history or geography class ages ago.
7) He’s mellow. He doesn’t get all fussed up about things (which is a very good example to his mother).
8) Even though he’s mellow, he does have some fire in him (as evidenced by a few broken things here and there) which I hope helps him go places in life. Everyone’s gotta have a little fire, right?
9) I love his smile and excitement when I cook one of his favorite things.
10) He is awesome with kids. I loved watching him with them climbing all over him in India and when we’re with friends with small kids.
11) He is kind. This is one of my favorite pictures of all time because you can just seen the kindness and concern oozing out of him:
…and this is my favorite of showing how much these people appreciated that kindness…check out this sweet lady’s adoring face:
Happy Birthday Max!!!!
What a fabulous post…..I just love how much YOU love your kiddos…
With a soon-to-be 18 year old, I could have written this myself (although I fear I wouldn't have penned it so well….!)
Love reading your blog…you really are an inspiration – as is your family.
Greetings from Boston –
No doubt about it, Max is the Man!
Awe, cute! It's so cute to see how much you truly love your kiddos 🙂
The picture with the sweet lady….THAT PICTURE!!!! It says it all….what a great kid!! Oh, I mean adult 🙂
Crying now! Congrats to Max. I know he is going to do great things. You guys have done well with him and are doing great with all your children. 🙂
I love how you love your boy! My favorite picture (probably of all) was the picture of the sweet lady looking up at Max. Congratulations to Max who is all those things you listed and more I'm sure. Thank you for sharing your son with us. I look forward to more in the years to come.
Oh Shawni! How does this happen? I love who our kids are growing up to be but this leaving the nest thing is not my favorite.
An Adult??!?! Do you still monitor his social media accounts, have a curfew, etc or is that all over now?
Participants benefit from socializing with others and receiving the kinds of care services they need.
sizegenix how long for results
I'm glad to see the great detail here!. http://saddlebacklighting.com/
Most of the time I don’t make comments on websites, but I'd like to say that this article really forced me to do so. Really nice post! Lights On Club