And man oh man is she ever over the moon about it! She’s been waiting and waiting and waiting for the big day.And believe it or not, there were some other people just about as excited as she was:These girls were all on top of decorating including a candy bar poster, decorating her door, her chair, wrapping the gifts…they were ON it. They’re also the party planners for her party tomorrow. They are completely in charge and they are loving it. They hand-made all the invitations, complete with tons of eraser marks and peanut butter accidentally smeared on a few of them. I’ll admit it was a little hard for me to let go of my control and let them do whatever they wanted, but I warmed up to the idea pretty quick. I LOVE that they did them with so much love. They’ve made me a list of things I need to get them at the store tomorrow for the big shebang. And I couldn’t be happier to have my own little event planners.
Lucy wasn’t quite as excited about the party-planning..she was pretty focused on how much chocolate frosting she could eat…
Dave’s brother and my brother were here to help celebrate for our family bash.Claire got to be the “Beary Special Person” at preschool this week which happened to be in conjunction with her birthday. Man alive she was happy about that too.
Oh man we love this girl. Five of the many top reasons why:
1) she has the most sparkly, contagious smile I know
2) she is incredibly kind to her siblings…always willing to share whatever she has
3) she gets SO excited about things and opens her eyes as big as saucers and drops her jaw to the ground in a humongous smile to show it
4) she’s awesome at taking any kind of prescription we put in front of her…she has all these health issues right now and we feel so bad for her but she just deals with it so well
5) she sometimes just stops in the middle of whatever she’s doing and comes over and tells me she loves me on a regular basis.
Oh I can’t stop at five!
6) she is super athletic. I think she inherited her Dad’s genes on that instead of mine (hallelujah!) She’s doing gymnastics right now and is loving it…she goes on short runs with me sometimes and smiles all the way.
7) she sometimes helps without even being asked and gets pretty darn delighted about it. She cleaned her whole room the other day as a surprise and then did the dishes for the big kids the other night
8) she’s the best helper to Lucy I could ever imagine. She sits with us in Lu’s therapy sessions and models all the stuff Lucy’s supposed to do, which makes Lu excited to do it.
9) she talks things out…one of the skills I try SO hard to teach my kids mostly to no avail. When she has a problem she talks it out instead of just crying and I love it.
10) she’s in most of my “healthy clubs” with me…the “sugarsnap pea for snacks club” the “tomato club” the “salad club,” etc. She’s a healthy eater.
I got a little teary-eyed as I gave her a kiss and watched her skip off to her preschool carpool today for two reasons: 1) I love her more than I can ever say, and 2) I got thinking about how big she’s growing. I love it but can’t stand it all at the same time when kids grow up so darn fast.