I want to share my friend Shelley’s everyday flatbread recipe. I originally posted this recipe in December of 2012, but wanted to update with the “real” recipe format.
Shelley gave me this recipe way back in my first baby days.
Days when a group of us young moms would get together for lunch at each other’s houses while we did crafts or tried new ideas to decorate our houses on a dime while our little toddlers played and hung on our legs.
That’s Shelley on the left up there. I always admired what a great cook she was.
Delicious stuff came from her kitchen.
She gave me this recipe for flatbread that we have probably made 692 time since.
Maybe 836. I have lost count.
Grace has become the resident expert.
We rarely have Sunday dinner without this quick side dish, because first of all it is easy as can be.
And second, really, you must have some kind of bread with Sunday dinner in my book, and often we don’t have time for Wendy’s mouth-watering rolls.
Shelley’s Flatbread Recipe
So here you go:
Shelley's Everyday Flatbread
- 2 1/4 tsp. active dry yeast (or use one packet you can buy at the grocery store)
- 1 C. warm water (tap hot)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 2 C. flour (up to 3 if too wet)
- Simply mix ingredients together in a bowl.
- Let rise for 15-30 minutes (if you have time...not even necessary!)
- Roll out, and score for breadsticks
- Bake at 450 degrees for 5-7 minutes until golden on top.
- Spread with melted garlic butter. We also sprinkle with garlic salt
Hope you enjoy Shelley‘s mouthwatering everyday flatbread!