Home traditions Valentine’s heart attack 2016

Valentine’s heart attack 2016

We whipped out our annual Valentine’s “heart attack” for Family Home Evening a few weeks before Max took off.
Same old tradition, but all new sentiments about what we love about each other plastered all around the kitchen.
That is, all new except for the one about how great a dancer Dave is (and funny too), because that one comes up multiple times every year…

Lucy takes this tradition quite seriously.

Here’s a sampling from this year:

Oh man I’m so grateful for our friends the Masons for showing the way on this idea all those years ago.  It makes me so happy every February to be surrounded by so much love.

valerie February 8, 2016 - 3:14 pm

And I'm so glad you showed us the way – it's the best tradition and we have been doing it for years, thanks to you!

Kari Voorhees February 8, 2016 - 4:15 pm

I have a random question for you: Where did you find your backsplash? It is the exact one we are looking for.

We are doing this project in our family this year because our house is torn a part we need some love!! Just a lot of grumpy people praying for a home cooked meal soon:)

Annika Sommerville February 8, 2016 - 5:00 pm

This is so sweet! I love that it makes your kids think about what they love about each other. 🙂 And lets just take a moment to AWW at Grace's handwriting! Perfection!

Jenny February 8, 2016 - 6:19 pm

We did this last year when my kids were 6, 4, and 2, and they LOVED it! Even the 2 year old got into it. We will definitely be doing this again this year.

Kiki Nakita February 8, 2016 - 6:20 pm

Shawni,

I love the encouraging words between y'all. I hope to do this with my family oneday.

~Kiki~

California Mom February 8, 2016 - 6:53 pm

Nice family tradition – love it.

Marci February 8, 2016 - 8:09 pm

I'm hoping that next year my kiddo will be old enough to help "write" on hearts so we can do this! She's 2.5 now, maybe next year she'll understand it better. I love that you do this.

Tiffany February 9, 2016 - 6:25 am

We did ours tonight! 🙂

Debbie February 10, 2016 - 1:47 am

Such a great idea! I also am amazed at Grace's handwriting! It's awesome!

Melanni February 12, 2016 - 10:19 pm

I read about this on your blog about 5 years ago and we have done this every year since. My oldest was 5 when we first did this and now he is 10! I'm sure my kids will cherish this tradition and possibly even pass it on to their kids one day. THANK YOU!

Melanni February 12, 2016 - 10:19 pm