Home ideas heart attack

heart attack

Speaking of FHE (thanks for all the GREAT ideas by the way), this week we did our traditional Valentine’s “Heart Attack” (I still thank Nicole every year for this idea).

We each write what we love about each different family member on a heart. Then we heart-attack the kitchen with them.

We embellished some with yarn this year just for fun.

Lucy’s contribution:
Translation: “I love my family even though I scream a lot and swipe them away when they’re trying to help me and yell ‘no’ in a mean voice.”

Claire’s need a teeny bit of translation too…she puts her words any which way that fits:
Translation: “I love Lucy because she plays with me.” (Do you like those great scratches on the fridge?)

Translation: “I love Mom because she makes good food.”

We went around and read them all after we taped them up and I loved watching the kids eyes glow with excitement when I read what people said about them.

I love to be surrounded by all that love all month.

Ruth H. January 27, 2010 - 4:28 pm

What a great idea! I love that your heart attack is in your kitchen. We've done this at our house before, but it was on Valentine's Day. (One year, we even heart-attacked my husband's car while he was at work. His co-workers loved it, and so did he.) Never thought to do it ahead of the big day and use them as decorations. Thanks for the inspiration!

JOYfilled Family January 27, 2010 - 4:32 pm

love the idea! we may be doing this sometime soon.
Pax – lena

Becki January 27, 2010 - 4:52 pm

I love this! May I borrow the idea?

Cardalls January 27, 2010 - 4:57 pm

so cute! I think that will be our FHE this Sunday 🙂

Joy January 27, 2010 - 4:57 pm

Hi,

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this idea!

I will try it with my four tonight after dinner!

Thanks so much!!!!!
Joy
(a rather new stalker of your blog)

Love Being a Nonny January 27, 2010 - 5:32 pm

Once again, what a great idea. I will share this with the moms of small children in my life!

hyrum January 27, 2010 - 5:42 pm

Hi Shawni! I was introduced to your blog from Sarah (Clover Lane), but I love your Mother's Book of Secrets and the first mothering book my mom gave me 10 years ago was a Joyful Mother of Children by your mom~we're huge Eyre fans 🙂 Anyway, I love your blog..and love this idea!

melissa * 320 Sycamore January 27, 2010 - 5:44 pm

Sorry..I was signed into my husband's account. I'm Melissa, he's Hyrum!

Crystal January 27, 2010 - 6:14 pm

I love this idea. After reading your post on the "heart attack" from last year, we did a similar activity yesterday. I love seeing the red and the hearts.

I love your blog and your cute family. Wondering if you could do a post how you manage a large family. (Discipline,Chores,Rewards,etc.)

pakosta January 27, 2010 - 7:16 pm

FABULOUS idea!
we must do this! even
though there are only 4 of us in our family, we can come up with lots of things to say! LOVE IT!
tara

Jake January 27, 2010 - 7:18 pm

Loving the yarn!!

I'm DYING to know what you got for your birthday…..

And I didn't know it was your birthday when I ran into you guys!!

So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

BTW, what was the name of that Thai place?

Nicole January 27, 2010 - 7:19 pm

Oops! that was Nicole, not Jake.

dg darling January 27, 2010 - 7:31 pm

We are SO doing that! Hey I was wondering if you would mind if I made a button to link to your blog to put on my blog. If not, just say so, I'm pretty hard to offend! 🙂

kaylin rose and mara anne January 27, 2010 - 8:17 pm

what a cute idea…may i borrow it too…the girls would love this and what a great thing to do during the week…thanks for sharing.

r8chel January 28, 2010 - 2:41 am

Such a great idea! We just might do that this coming weekend.

Also, I love that enormous fork! Where in the world did you get it?!

Shawni January 28, 2010 - 5:13 pm

of course, Becki and Kaylin, anyone can copy this who would like…I think I have license to give permission since I copied the idea myself…

Eyrealm January 29, 2010 - 6:24 am

LOVE it! Love you!

Sam January 30, 2010 - 9:07 pm

Oh I love this idea!! I am going to put up a link to this post!! 🙂

Sugar and Spice Mommy January 30, 2010 - 9:12 pm

I love reading your sweet blog, and I love this idea! How precious!!

Shelley February 1, 2010 - 4:43 am

We totally stole the "Thanksgiving Tree" and it is still up because every time I say I'm taking it down one of the kids freaks out. I think this will make a great replacement! I think we'll do it for our activity tomorrow night! Thanks Shawni.

Alysa@atticgals.blogspot.com February 2, 2010 - 12:16 am

Thanks for the idea. I'm using this tonight!

Shannon February 5, 2010 - 1:52 am

This is so cute! I wish I had more kids so that this could be really fun. For now there is just me, my hubby, and our 2 year old son. But hopefully this idea will stick in my mind for future years! thanks

lisa h. February 4, 2011 - 8:22 pm

cute cute idea….I got to your blog via your I'm a mormon video…I'm a mormon too..anyway, just wanted to say you seem so cool and I love the whole I love Lucy cause you have going. It's really fun to see the other things people are involved with and their talents. and thanks for the fhe idea, we'll have to give it a try.